Major flooding in British Columbia

entirely true

except most modern diesels in BC are "deleted" because there are no emission control tests

it's now considered a selling feature

It's certainly a percentage, but it's not most. When it comes to VW's, it is a much, much smaller percentage than full sized trucks. I actually work in this industry.

But I fear we are getting off topic. All I'm saying is don't kick them while they're down.

no, I am simply pointing out that humanity needs to respect the planet

destroying an entire ecosystem so a few guys can grow corn and milk cows is a bad tradeoff

particularly when the area selected is several meters below sea level, that's not only stupid its arrogant
If the lake were to be restored, where would we put Highway #1?

Looking at the geography on the map, I wonder if it was the least expensive way to connect the lands south of the Fraser River. Otherwise you would have to cross a bridge north to Hwy 7 and then cross a bridge back south.

Seeing as it was drained in 1925, there are probably some written records in an archive somwhere that can give light on the thinking at the time.

:( The new norm . Bankruptcies will flourish of governments ( local to federal ) , insurance companies , home owners , etc. . Seen this many years ago in a special about the costs of climate change .

4CBD5AD1-0B5F-4027-911B-802C191AD157.jpeg

a lot of it has to do with man's disrespect for nature, the area flooding used to be an enormous lake that supported countless forms of wildlife, some good old boys "reclaimed" the land by draining the lake (thus destroying the habitat) to make farms etc.. curiously the same people now wonder why the fisheries are collapsing

mother nature is taking it back

you would never get away with doing this today because of "left wing" environmental laws
The Thompson River canyon is a major fault line. It is filled with glacial till and rock/silt layers from the ice dams and release during the melting period following the last ice age.
For more information, search "Lake Missoula" videos. Same process.
The Fraser River, about 10 miles downstream from this photo, and is on a "strike-slip" fault line.

Last edited:
This affects the Abottsford area. Yes, there was a lake there 100 years ago and there are dykes and pumping stations to make sure it stays as farm land. The Faser river adjacent to the dykes is higher than the flooded area by one foot. What a mess!

6BEE1FCB-46C2-43EE-AB4C-781ACB29F5D7.png

Without a doubt there is going to be increased traffic on highway 90 through Washington. Highway one is a mess. So far we think highway 3 will be opened but will be severely overloaded with traffic. Highway 3 is just a two lane highway and is so convoluted through the mountain valleys that it is just as quick to take US 90 down through Seattle then east through Spokane, cutting up back north through Sandpoint and into Canada near my local city of Cranbrook.

CDFA36F4-6E82-4AEB-994E-2456DCFB4437.png

Last edited:
There is a lot more rain scheduled through Tuesday, today is raining quite hard. I think they closed #3 last night again because they are not able to confirm there won’t be more mudslides.

Without a doubt there is going to be increased traffic on highway 90 through Washington. Highway one is a mess. So far we think highway 3 will be opened but will be severely overloaded with traffic. Highway 3 is just a two lane highway and is so convoluted through the mountain valleys that it is just as quick to take US 90 down through Seattle then east through Spokane, cutting up back north through Sandpoint and into Canada near my local city of Cranbrook.

Hey Snaggle, I think we will..They will. Someone will allow border crossing for now atleast. If you need food and supplies, Walmart in Ponderay has been pretty well stocked through the last couple years, and also CDA Costco seems to be well stocked every time I go there. They even had TP and paper towels last week.

Hey Snaggle, I think we will..They will. Someone will allow border crossing for now atleast. If you need food and supplies, Walmart in Ponderay has been pretty well stocked through the last couple years, and also CDA Costco seems to be well stocked every time I go there. They even had TP and paper towels last week.
Thanks Kneegrinder. We’re hanging in. Most of our supplies are coming out of Calgary through highway 3 East. So far so good. Got to like the Walmart supply chain.

Back