Maintenance Test Results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Auto-Rx Maintenance Dose with Extended Drain

Maintenance Test Results The test vehicle is a 1992 Ford Explorer Sport, with a 4.0 liter single overhead cam V-6. Important to note that a cleaning and rinse with Auto-Rx was performed prior to the test.
Next, a short run on Mobil 1SUV/ 5w 30 was performed to establish the norm of this particular motor. This run on Mobil 1 was for only 1434 miles, but was sufficient to point out a couple issues that needed to be corrected. The analysis revealed that fuel dilution was the biggest issue and contributing to high copper readings, from bushing wear. Also, even though the air filter had been changed out only 8000 miles ago dirt ingress was an issue. Prior to starting the Auto-Rx Maintenance dose, with Pennzoil Platinum, new plugs, wires, PCV valve were installed. A new air filter was installed half way through the maintenance dose run which was for 6101 miles.

Despite the tune up parts, the motor still suffers from a fuel dilution problem, although greatly improved. When looking at the numbers bear in mind that the second run with the maintenance dose (3 fluid oz.) was run for a duration of 4.25 times the mileage as compared to the control.

The combination of Pennzoil Platinum and Auto-Rx shows exceptionally low wear metals, with the exception of copper, which is still due to fuel dilution. It is very likely, that the maintenance dose is providing addition protection of the cylinders and bearings. It is also important to note that the additive package of the Pennzoil Platinum is not compromised at all with the Auto-Rx maintenance dose, in fact may be somewhat preserved. Slightly elevated oxidation readings would indicate that the maintenance dose is doing some additional cleaning.

If not for the fuel dilution issue this oil would be very healthy after 6101 miles and would have service life left. Without a doubt Auto-Rx is fully compatible with this Group III synthetic oil.

Rich Eklund

Last edited:
Okay, just looking out for my man Terry...

you can edit the post above by using the following technique:

1. click the "reply button" that corresponds to the bad link
2. in the address bar of your browser, change the word "newreply.php" to "editpost.php" and hit return

That will get you to the edit screen. It's a bug with the software and none of the administrators here have had the time to fix it. Well, okay, maybe that is an assumption that they don't have time. I am not sure why it isn't fixed.

Laminar Lou,

Thank you very much I have tried to come up with the delete method since the new web site started and thanks to you I can now delete.

Daryl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back