Mahle OC 47 3500km

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time using a Mahle filter. It did a 3500km/6m run on my Jetta. It's got an interesting construction compared to the Mann filters I usually use. I noticed a bit of crud inside the can, so I guess that's good that it caught that. This is only the 2nd time I cut an oil filter open for this car and I can't remember what the inside of the can looked like the first time round.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Looks either diesel or direct injected for only 3.5k km of use.

Slightly wavy, but held up nonetheless. Perhaps Mann would hold up better if the wave bothers you.

Last edited:
Thanks for the C&P. I used a Mahle on the Civic once that I got from Rockauto. I think the model number was OC 330. Was a well built filter.

Originally Posted by dlundblad
Looks either diesel or direct injected for only 3.5k km of use.

Slightly wavy, but held up nonetheless. Perhaps Mann would hold up better if the wave bothers you.

It's neither a diesel or direct injected. It's just the regular old gas engine that VW's been using for decades. My guess for the wavy media is lots of frequent, but short drives in the winter. It doesn't bother me too much, but I do currently have a Mann filter installed and I'll cut that one open for comparison. I've actually cut open a Mann filter before which came from my brother's car (Jetta with the same engine) and it looked better, so I'm expecting similar results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back