Magnefine filter cut open - 30,000km - 2007 toyota sienna transmisson.

Was pretty suprised by the amount of metal, even a couple decent chunks about 1.5mm large. This was installed shortly after we bought the van when I flushed the fluid with amsoil ss. Full flush(diy fluid exchange) including pan drop and rock catcher.

Van had 285k km at time of flush and filter install. Fluid was pretty dark that was in there, but rest of van was well maintained (single owner).

PXL_20220429_221542481.jpg
PXL_20220429_221557566.jpg

Yep it seems to be worth installing now it is not the leaky old plastic ones.
Yea. I had to replace it with a plastic one though. Metal ones are hard to come by in canada, have a bunch on order from the states right now.

Heard lots of horror stories of the plastic ones exploding.
Nice! How did the pan magnets look?
I don't recall anything noteworthy for the pan magnet. Pan filter is a joke on the other hand. A kitchen sieve would do a better job.

Was pretty suprised by the amount of metal, even a couple decent chunks about 1.5mm large. This was installed shortly after we bought the van when I flushed the fluid with amsoil ss. Full flush(diy fluid exchange) including pan drop and rock catcher.

Van had 285k km at time of flush and filter install. Fluid was pretty dark that was in there, but rest of van was well maintained (single owner).

View attachment 112542View attachment 112543
Very nice write up and photos. Thank You friend 🇨🇦🇨🇦🇺🇸🇺🇸🍻

Thanks
Those filters are a must in any auto box today.
Especially with 8-9-10 speed autos......thats A LOT more shifting going on=more particles.

How many kms did you leave it on for?
Mag says they are good for 30k miles.

That’s by far the most stuff I’ve ever seen a magnifine filter catch. Usually the magnet is a little fuzzy with metal and the element looks almost new.
It did it’s job 4 sure

Does your tranny have a magnetic drain plug??? I know when draining my Hondas over the years you can see buildup on the drain plus..

Does the drain plug have a magnet on it?
If so how much particulate was on it.

I installed one in my '19 Honda Pilot at 21k miles. I changed it at 50k miles because there was some chunks of stuff in trans fluid when drained. Pilot has had I think 4 drain and fills (about 4 qts each time) since magnefine was installed. I haven't gotten fluid ananlysis back from Black stone yet. I also installed one in my daughters CRV about 3 years ago but that only has 15k miles in that time.

My drain plug in Pilot also had a coating on it. Magnefine also does have bypass in it just in case anyone wondered.
Pilot trans plug 1 50k.jpg

pilot trans filter 1.jpg

pilot trans filter 2.jpg

pilot trans filter 7.jpg

pilot trans filter 8.jpg

Back