Magnefine Dealer Canada ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

So What I need beside Filter..

Some hoses ?
What are those quick connects are ?

And I can't find difference between performance filter and regular one ..

Originally Posted By: Ndx
So What I need beside Filter..

Some hoses ?
What are those quick connects are ?

And I can't find difference between performance filter and regular one ..

I already asked, the perf. filter has same filtering specs but has a super tough housing and costs 4X as much (or close). I would pass.

If you have short rubber hoses connecting the cooler to the transmission, then you can easily splice the filter into the return line (just need 2 spiral clamps). If your lines are all metal then you need the connectors that Magnefine sells for metal lines.

While most vehicles are 3/8" not all are, if you email the Magnefine sponsor your vehicle he will tell you what size filter.

If you buy the filter from the sponsor he includes spiral clamps.
He is also cheaper than the Magnefine website or other places.

The first Magnefine filter I bought I got at NAPA. If I remember it was in a NAPA box and inside had a Raybestos sticker along with a Magnefine sticker. (No clamps included and more expensive that sponsor).

I buy 2 or 3 when I need some.

The sponsor is a good guy as he gave me a free filter to use with my before and after the install of the filter UOAs.

Originally Posted By: Ndx
Hi guys .. Is that correct spot to install it ?

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4730/drainzb33.jpg

I guess I will cut that hose between as selected in red and I will put Magnefine there ?

Its a little hard to see exactly, but if that is the hose returning ATF from the cooler to the transmission then its the right hose. The return hose is always a little cooler than the supply hose as the ATF has gone through the cooler.

Remember the Magnefine was an arrow for flow. Its a good idea to connect the hose to the inlet end, and then hold a water bottle to the outlet end and have someone start the car for 10 seconds while you verify ATF is coming out into water bottle, thus you have the filter installed correctly. If so connect up the hose to the outlet and you are good to go.

I;m not sure .. I think that it is the return line .. This line is used to do the flush ..

When disconnected at the transmission end, the return hose should have fluid coming out of the hose. One would assume that is the hose they use to do a flush as you would also flush the cooler by using that hose.

Pull the hose, stuff into empty water bottle run the engine for 5 seconds and make sure there is ATF in the water bottle.

A coupla points:

You can install the Magnefine on the transmission out line or the return line. The main criteria for the choice would be the mileage on the trans. Even with a good trans, a certain amount of gunk will build up in the cooler(s). If the trans has more than about 30-50K on it, for that reason, you want it to install the Magafine on the return line to catch anything that might break loose from inside the cooler. On a new, or newish, vehicle installing the Magnefine on the out line of the trans prevents stuff from getting to the cooler in the first place and starting the buildup. On a reman trans, you ALWAYS install the Magefine on the return line because the failed trans may have left serious deposits in the cooler lines or coolers. Even if the cooler has been flushed or replaced.. on the return!

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
A coupla points:

You can install the Magnefine on the transmission out line or the return line. The main criteria for the choice would be the mileage on the trans. Even with a good trans, a certain amount of gunk will build up in the cooler(s). If the trans has more than about 30-50K on it, for that reason, you want it to install the Magafine on the return line to catch anything that might break loose from inside the cooler. On a new, or newish, vehicle installing the Magnefine on the out line of the trans prevents stuff from getting to the cooler in the first place and starting the buildup. On a reman trans, you ALWAYS install the Magefine on the return line because the failed trans may have left serious deposits in the cooler lines or coolers. Even if the cooler has been flushed or replaced.. on the return!

The Instructions for Magnefine say:
1. On new vehicles (less than 5,000 miles), it is recommended that the filter be installed on the cooler supply side to protect the cooler from contamination. On in-service vehicles (more than 5,000 miles), the filter should be installed in the return line from the cooler to the transmission. On any vehicle that has experienced any transmission difficulty, the filter should be placed on the return side.

So it will before cooler or after cooler

one line is pushing fluid to the cooler.
and one is taking cooled fluid back to tranny.

Sorry guys :D I know im a bit retarded .. But better make sure before then after .. right ?

the one on picture that I showed fluid is flowing from that outlet back to tranny i guess

drainingwy0.jpg

this line is used to do the flush as showed so i guess thats the correct line to install it ?

Last edited:
The line from the cooler back to the transmission is the return line and that is where the Magnefine goes.

You used the wrong line to do the flush (or thats what is seems like). If you drained ATF right out of the transmission you did not flush the cooler or cooler lines.

After you install the Magnefine in the return line, use the outlet of the Magnefine to do the flush. You could use the outlet of the cooler to do the flush, but the outlet of the Magnefine is easier to connect to for me.

lol I'm lost now ... really ..

Should I flush before cooler or take fluid from the cooler as on this picture ?

there are 2 hoses coming to cooler ...

One is pumping fluid and one takes it back right ?

So they way I flushed is the only way I can't see how it will be wrong ..

on the picture below you can see clear tube connected to ATF Cooler .. and there is fluid coming from it .. Thats return line so how it can be wrong ..

OK, I guess I did not understand your picture. It looks like a picture of engine and transmission. A picture of the cooler would look like a radiator. Or that is the way it is on many cars. You know your car better than I. Anyway the flush and the Magnefine should be in the return line bringing ATF from cooler to engine however it looks in a picture.

Maybe in your car the cooler is a heat exchanger cooled via radiator water?

Sorry if I confused you.

no Donald your great :) Helping me out the problem is that I don't know anything about my car
wink.gif
from engine side .. that small metal thing looking like tuna can with those hoeses is cooler or at least I wast told so :D I will take more pictures for you :D

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back