Magnatec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Castrol site now says their 5w30 is full synthetic.
Did they change the formula or is that old stuff that I have accumulated rated semi synth actually a full synth?

Thanks, that really did help.
The knowledge on this board is something staggering, as you alleged in your post.
I have received the best of knowledge on a variety of subjects through many years here.
Slainte!
cheers3.gif

The "Full Synthetic" change that Castrol is doing on their Magnatec line has popped up here almost weekly for about a month now. It's been fun to read the various threads, but also nice to see folks thinking big picture about what the change may actually mean (or lack of change).

Good stuff!

Makes since for Castrol to change the 5W-30 to full synthetic because it is now competing with Mobil Super synthetic, Quaker State Ultimate Durability, and Walmart SuperTech synthetic, and etc..

Since I only do the recommended 5,000 mile oil change intervals on my 2006 Lexus, I am switching over to the 5W-30 Magnatec. Castrol Edge changed at 5,000 miles is just wasting money. Bought two jugs today for $17.88 each, and then changed the oil. UOA's look good on this oil, so I hope it does the job for me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back