Maglite Customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been a lot of criticism locally regarding Mag's switches being bad so I wanted to share my good experience.

A couple of years back I purchased a LED "Conversion Module" for my 2 "D" cell Maglite. It worked well and I used the heck out of it until the bulb died. I was in a hurry so I reinstalled the bulb from under the spring in the bottom of the light and stuck the LED bulb in a drawer and kinda forgot about it. Found it three weeks ago and called Mag; they said send it back.

Here's the good part-

I lost that light somewhere but I have a 4 "D" cell Maglite I keep in the kitchen for our frequent power outages, so I asked for a 4 cell LED bulb to replace the 2 cell one I sent them. Exactly one week from them receiving it (in CA) I got a new 4 cell bulb in the mail!

I have several Maglites, anybody else like 'em like I do?

2 D cell in the car - LED conversion
3 D cell in the truck - LED conversion
4 D cell in the kitchen - LED conversion
(3) AA Minimags in tool chest
(2) Solitares in tool chest w/dead batteries

Gave Stepdad
2 D cell w/LED conversion
3 D cell w/LED conversion

Plus I've given a few away to people who are hard to buy for. Around Black Friday and Christmas there are some great sales!

Two years ago when I got married that is what I got for the groomsmans gift. Instead of a giant beer mug they would never use I wanted to do something creative. I got each one a 3 cell maglight and had them engraved with there initials and a pic of something they like. They all liked there gift, something very differant and I knew it was a quality product.

Hello, I like them--who doesn't? I had a problem with two, 2 cell AA Maglights caused by battery leakage. They told me they have an agreement with Ray-O-Vac, Mallory and Eveready to restore your Maglight if one of those companies products leaks. They did. There wasn't 7 days turnaround time. A quality product from an honorable company which does business with other good companies. You can't beat that. Kira

I've got several of them. Some were freebies, others I've snagged with coupons or whatever.

black 2xAA
silver 2xAA
green 2xAA
black 1xAA
black 4xAA

My next one will probably be a gold one that I'll throw an LED in.

I like them though my 4 sevens 123-battery powered LED light is far brighter and smaller than my thumb...

I own a bunch

Yes I have several and love them. I keep one in each vehicle and a couple inside the house. I visited a friend recently that a knock off and the quality of it was very bad. I'll stick with my Maglites.
I think I'll send him a couple for Christmas.

Originally Posted By: dparm
I've got several of them. Some were freebies, others I've snagged with coupons or whatever.

black 2xAA
silver 2xAA
green 2xAA
black 1xAA
black 4xAA

My next one will probably be a gold one that I'll throw an LED in.

I think Mag has discontinued the LED bulbs and are now trying to sell the whole LED light, at least in the C and D size, so you might want to get your LED bulb ASAP! Maybe Flea bay? If you are getting another AA the new LED version is longer due to the reflector being deeper. That's also true of the C and D cell lights - the LED's are the same rated output at 2 watts, but the newer flashlight has a deeper reflector so it seems brighter.

i got a old fasioned 2 AA minimag
got a black LED 2 AA minimag
got a ancient 3 cell black mag
got a LED 3 cell black mag
got a mini LED AA mag, broken I am gonna go to ontario and have them fix it
Also have a 3 cell black from the 80s that I need to take over to the factory and get the switch replaced

Great lights.

Yeah, I had a blue 3-D since I was like ten. It disappeared a couple years ago though. I also had contacted Maglite about that one and told them my brother had eaten the rubber button cover. They sent me two new button covers for free.

At the moment I have a 2-AA that goes with me everywhere.

A trick I've seen for the button cover issue is to use a piece of inner tube to make a sleeve covering the button and providing a bit of extra grip. The sleeve was maybe 3" long and worked great.

When I was a kid Maglite was too deluxe a flashlight for me to afford. Now I got a bunch of them, big, little, really little, whatever, work, home, car, wherever. The only trouble is that the kids keep running off with them and I can't find one when I need it.

I like that they're made in USA.

A buddy at work told me at the place he use to work he'd use a mini-Maglite installing the big rotary brushes on floor cleaners. One day he couldn't find his flashlight. Much later... the floor cleaner came back for service, yup, he left the mini-Maglite in the rotary brush hub. It was pretty well beat, but still worked. That's Timex tough.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I like them though my 4 sevens 123-battery powered LED light is far brighter and smaller than my thumb...

I own a bunch

I LOVE my 4sevens quark AA2, my regular bulb 2xAA mini-mag looks like a lit match compared to this thing.

For those of you not familiar with the quark AA2, it is the same size as a 2xAA mini-mag, runs on 2xAA has 5 brightness settings from .2 lu up to 206lu, and has strobe, beacon, and SOS. One of the best tool purchases I have made.

Mag-lite is definitely behind the curve when it comes to lighting technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back