MAF sensor keeps screwing up (cleaning it fixes it for a day or two.)

Stabilant 22 is an electrical contact enhancer and is some good stuff but it's expensive. It helps make connections in questionable connectors.

Good to know. Maybe I haven't been cleaning the hard-to-see wire thoughtfully enough.
Had issues with my 99 LeSabre MAF sensor. What would happen is as soon as I pushed down on the accelerator it would drop out, enough to throw me forward in my seat a bit and then it would go right away, kind of scary when pulling out into traffic. Over time I had to clean it every couple months so finally I said screw it and used a Q-tip on the little wire after spraying it, I thought if it broke no big deal I'll just get a new one, just tied of having to clean it all the time. Owned that car for a couple more years and never had to clean it again.

What happens is the female "sockets" fail to keep constant contact with the male pins. First, I'd clean both sides of the connector. Then inspect both sides of the connector. Look for female sockets with an extra wide opening. You can CAREFULLY pinch the female socket "sides" together to make a proper connection.
How would I go about pinching the female socket side together? Everything is clean, but the maf is still intermittently going out of spec.

I clean electric onnections with "Corrosion X Aviation". A spray can is a little expensive but this stuff is very good and one can last a LOOOOOOOOONG time. Great stuff. Amazon sells it.

Last edited:
Back