Made some apple fritters this morning

One of my favorite treats, used honey crisp in these
PXL_20201223_155320958.jpg

PXL_20201223_155726789.jpg

Looks delish!

McDs has a few new bakery options and they have apple fritters. Pretty decent, although I'm sure yours are 100x better now. Now I'm hungry dammit.

Care to share the recipe ?
they look amazing.

VANILLA COFFEE GLAZE​

INSTRUCTIONS​

1. 1. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Add the eggs, butter, 1/2 cup milk, and maple, and mix until just combined, being careful not to over mix the batter. If the the batter feels thick, add 1/4 cup milk to thin. Fold in the apples.
    2. Heat 1-2 inches of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drop tablespoons size balls of batter into the oil for 4-5 minutes or until golden and crisp on all sides. Remove and drain on a wire rack with paper towels underneath.
    3. To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, maple, vanilla, and coffee powder. Add a pinch of flaky seas salt. Drizzle the glaze over the warm fritters. Eat warm. And enjoy.

For the apples, honey crisp's can be very large so use your best judgment on amount

I love them. We don’t make them because my parents hate them claiming they are too sweet 😒
So I understand that, I don't like them to sweet either. If you notice in my recipe all the sweetness comes from maple syrup. I eat mine without the glaze, but even with the glaze they are not to sweet. Of course the apples ad some sweet as well but I try not to rely on plain sugar in any of the treats I make.

All the recipes I’ve found online take sugar lol. And the ones made by the local bakery sold at the gas station are loaded with sugar too I love them

My recipe doesn't call for any sugar either, other than a sprinkle of powdered sugar on top - use as little as you like or none at all.
Share it if you don't mind. I love to try different recipes, I usually only make this stuff around holidays

All the recipes I’ve found online take sugar lol. And the ones made by the local bakery sold at the gas station are loaded with sugar too I love them
Recipes are just guides. You can always cut the amount of sugar. If you need the volume or texture sugar provides you may want to try replacing some of the sugar with apple sauce.

Back