Made my first liter of bio diesel.:)

Just finished my first liter of bio diesel.:) Looks like a decent batch, in the morning I'll pour off the glycerin and check if it's fully reacted.:) The plan is to start and stop on bio diesel, and the rest on veg oil. I'll make small batches until it's dialed in then make 40 gallon batches. Happy times.:)
IMG_5033.jpg

Just finished my first liter of bio diesel.:) Looks like a decent batch, in the morning I'll pour off the glycerin and check if it's fully reacted.:) The plan is to start and stop on bio diesel, and the rest on veg oil. I'll make small batches until it's dialed in then make 40 gallon batches. Happy times.:)View attachment 140901
Very nice sir. Is that black layer I see the glycerin? Thank You 🇨🇦🇺🇸👍👍

Very nice sir. Is that black layer I see the glycerin? Thank You 🇨🇦🇺🇸👍👍
Yes that's the settled glycerin. I'll pour that off, then test the oil a complete reaction, wash it several times and then test for soap.:) At this point I'm learning how to titrate and make the bio diesel. Once I get that right then I can make larger batches.:) Pretty excited.:)

I finished up my first liter of bio diesel, overall happy with the results. It was under reacted, but washed and dried well. For my Detroit I'd be more than happy to burn this sample.:) For the next batch I'll add 10% more KOH and see how that turns out.:)
IMG_5049.jpg
IMG_5039.jpg
IMG_5044.jpg
IMG_5046.jpg

Back