Made in Russia!

I needed a generic fuel filter for my new to us generator. The Chinese ones the parts stores sell are garbage. My guess is that the ethanol in our gas attacks the plastic filter.

It turns it into a swelled up blob

Found this today. Maybe better quality..... or not. Hmmmm.

Attachments

• IMG_20200816_104655.jpg
    IMG_20200816_104655.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20200816_104709.jpg
    IMG_20200816_104709.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 113
I needed a generic fuel filter for my new to us generator. The Chinese ones the parts stores sell are garbage. My guess is that the ethanol in our gas attacks the plastic filter.

It turns it into a swelled up blob

Found this today. Maybe better quality..... or not. Hmmmm.

Get one from Bosch or Wix, they hold up to ethanol.

I can't recall ever seeing anything made in Russia with the exception of ammunition. I have a feeling a lot of companies are going to be moving factories from China in the next 10+ years.

The wix melted too. Looked to be the same as the Duralast that also melted. I have never seen Bosch around here.

The wix plastic housing with the paper filter element melted? Something else has to be going on here, they package alcohol in plastic bottles.
Are you using any sort of additives? I see plastic filters in injectors all the time from old injectors that while dirty are still intact. I have seen some turn to white goo with some additives.

The wix plastic housing with the paper filter element melted? Something else has to be going on here, they package alcohol in plastic bottles.
Are you using any sort of additives? I see plastic filters in injectors all the time from old injectors that while dirty are still intact. I have seen some turn to white goo with some additives.
The clear fuel filters. The plastic melted which allowed the element to get loose. The junk in the filter got into the carb and plugged it up. Only addatives is sta-bil .

Have you given Oregon brand filters a try? I have a filter I need to install on a turf aerator that is actually an ITW Fastex US-made filter. It came in an Oregon bag.

I've been using the 33011 MicroGard Fuel Filter from O'Reilly ($3.99 each) on my riding mower, snow blower and generator for the last 5 or 6 years without any problems and I run the E10 in all of them.

Quite a few of the mower deck parts on my John Deere LX178 are made in Russia. I can't help but feel that there is some sort of marketing agreement between JD and the Russian government. John Deere is HUGE in the Russian agricultural arena.

As for my small equipment in-line fuel filters, I buy from NAPA 3011 when they have their sale. The filters are cheap and seem to be the equal of the "Made in Israel" OEM filters. The NAPA in-line filters are made in Russia as well.
fuel filter.JPG

Anyone hear of MTZ tractors? Russian tractors comrade. ( actually from Belarus which is part of the old Soviet Union and under the sphere of Russian influence) From the the makers of Belarus tractors.

4358323D-AA21-42E0-BAAD-9A5765BA12F9.png

Last edited:
Back