Macro-level data review of Ford F150 3.5EB 2017-2020, 900+ samples & 5M+ miles

Hey everyone. I'm just going to populate some data here for discussion. I've collected UOA data on 909 individual UOAs with nearly 5.2M miles analyzed. I'm going to use this thread to show some data & statistical analysis to illustrate if/when there are any likely concerns when interpreting your UOA. I have some personal assumptions but will let the charts do the talking. Since I'm not the chemical or statistical ultimatum, hopefully we can get some action from the guys on the board who have been doing this for long periods. I will be running analysis at a 95% confidence level for statistical correlation, so this should be a good exercise to kill some myths about what's "normal" for the Gen 2 3.5 EcoBoost.

Again, as a primer, take this with a grain of salt. The oil itself remains anonymous (I can't get them) but the overall trends should give some insight. Remember, UOAs are NOT the correct analysis tool to correctly assess "wear metals", so while you will certainly be able to make assumptions if you wish about wear metals, this is limited to viscosity, flash point, TAN/TBN where measured, and antifreeze or silicon intrusion (and there's plenty!).

So, since I'm working on this as a "fun" project it's in my spare time, but I hope to have something new at least for each of the next couple days. Let's have some fun!

First post, with absolutely no statistical analysis, filtering, or removal of any sample data. The "average" UOA, including samples that came from engines with mechanical failures, looks like this:

Sample Miles: 5,908
Vehicle Miles: 29,243
Viscosity: 9.18 cSt
Flashpoint: 392*F
Fuel: 1.16%
Antifreeze: 0
Water: 0
Insolubles: 0.19
AL: 6
Cr: 1
Fe: 25
Cu: 22