MA People, how did your generator do?

I guess the 6.5 Kw Predator is broken in. It ran non stop but for re-fueling. I'm as happy with as it I expected to be. It started easily on gas that was 2 yrs old. Stabilized but even so. 30 gallons of E 10, 72hrs run time. Only gave up using the oven and the dryer. Whilst wife got 3rd shot at Walgreens, I walked to Auto Zone and bought a couple qts of STP 10w30 dino. That's what Instructions said to use. Far as I can tell, little to no oil was was consumed, It was clear on the yellow plastic dip stick. Felt good between my fingers. I want to drain the oil into a clear container to look for flashing.

You'll probably find plenty of sparkles for at least the first few oil changes. Seems like they shed metal for a little while after break in. I know my small Wen just now got most of it cleared out and its on the 4th change or so.

We didn't loose power today. Looks like many South Shore folks did. I just came home from playing a Halloween party gig in Auburn. The lights flickered but stayed on.
I serviced my two genny's in Sept. We have a Champion 4K and a Westinghouse iGen2200 inverter.

The only reason I went with a 6.5 KW Is I wanted 240 Volts to back feed the entire panel because the well pump is hard wired. I could run the oven only. Nothing else. Dryer is 5.6 KW. Schlepping gas is a PITN. I have 2 5 gallon cans and the tank is about 8 gallons. I waited in line for 2 1/2 hrs for gas Wed, only about an hour Thurs. Frid only about 5minutes. I fully intend to make the set up a little better going forward. Every electrical supplier is out of interlocks until next week. :cool:

Back