M_r_ns at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to walmart for an oil change today. I took with me a Bosch premium filter. I went to the register and asked for a synthetic oil change. I told them that I will select the oil from your oils aaisle and give it to you. So I went over and got a jug of Mobil1 EP 5 qts an dhanded it over them.

after I was done checking out, with other stuff i had bought, I saw the reciept and laughed.

Their synthetic oil change cost $31.xx
From that they not only took out the charge for the filter, but also cost of their regular oil, but forgot to substitute it with the M1EP cost.
So for $23.00, i got M1EP, which is going to last me for 15000 miles.

grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by chiks:
I went to walmart for an oil change today. I took with me a Bosch premium filter. I went to the register and asked for a synthetic oil change. I told them that I will select the oil from your oils aaisle and give it to you. So I went over and got a jug of Mobil1 EP 5 qts an dhanded it over them.

after I was done checking out, with other stuff i had bought, I saw the reciept and laughed.

Their synthetic oil change cost $31.xx
From that they not only took out the charge for the filter, but also cost of their regular oil, but forgot to substitute it with the M1EP cost.
So for $23.00, i got M1EP, which is going to last me for 15000 miles.

grin.gif

You got charged. I've been known to sometimes let Walmart change my oil when I don't want to get dirty and they do it with me standing next to the chane ensuring it is done right. I supply my own oil and filter and the bill used to be about $10.00. So take that $10.00 plus the cost of your oil from the shelf and it looks like you paid for the oil with the $31.00 bill.

Hammer

So how much do you need to give them to make things square?

$31 minus their ST/Fram filter is like $28, so he owes them a fiver. If the CustServ/Manager suffers from Good Karma too, they won't even accept his repayment. They did change your oil for you and do a good job, right?

I would go back and pay them a fair price for the work. Not because of Karma...I don't really believe in that. Not because it would bug me...I have seen people die and it doesn't bother me later, and a few dollars for an oil change isn't very important in the big scheme of things. I would do it just because it's how I'd want to be treated if the roles were reversed.

Wmart TLE's are based on first-come-first-serve basis which is highly unpredictable in the real world. To adequately staff such a service area would eliminate the cost effectiveness which Wmart is known for. A real man changes his own oil anyway, IMHO. The oil change side of the business was based on the female customer coming into the store to shop and get an oil change at the same time.

quote:

Originally posted by liquidballbearing:
Wmart TLE's are based on first-come-first-serve basis which is highly unpredictable in the real world. To adequately staff such a service area would eliminate the cost effectiveness which Wmart is known for. A real man changes his own oil anyway, IMHO. The oil change side of the business was based on the female customer coming into the store to shop and get an oil change at the same time.

Agreed.

imo, no need to "watch". I've gotten plenty of OC there, usually synthetics and they use exactly what you ask for. Best QL service available, imo.

quote:

Originally posted by gj:
one thing they need to do is take the "express" out of the tire lube express.

I agree. I was at Walmart's TLE yesterday afternoon around 2pm, buying a new battery. They were turning away people who wanted oil changes, they said they were booked up for the day. So by the looks of it, a lot of people (that got there earlier) were probably going to wait a few hours before they got their oil changes done.

I live in an area that Time Magazine called "50 Years Lost in the Past". That is to say it's slow paced and rural by comparison to other areas within a few 100 mi. My Wal Mart is super-slow paced. Never really a problem getting QL service (TLE). I mean, it's usually one to three cars, equal to the staffers. They service guys are pretty sharp too. All I'm saying is it's pretty good service and the selection is like no other.

I wouldn't worry about it. View it a bad charma for increasing the size of that orange wall. These big box stores count on volume to make up for shortfalls. It's one of the expected outcomes when you have cashiers who make minimal wages w/ minimal benefits and don't have a major vested interest in profitability. If I was dealing w/ a small retailer that I frequent, I would be more prone to bring it to their attention.

I change my own oil about 1/2 the time. The other times are at the T&LE. I've learned to get there at opening time, or in the late afternoons on a weekday. You can get in and out in 20 minutes if the OC is all you're having done. I always take my own AC filter and they credit me $1.88. I take the cars in there when the tires need rotating and balancing. I bought the lifetime deal for $7.50 a tire. So for a full service oil change with Castrol 10w30 and tire maintenance you're looking at less than a $20 bill, tax included. Can't beat it with a stick !

quote:

Originally posted by ediamiam:
I wouldn't worry about it. View it a bad charma for increasing the size of that orange wall. These big box stores count on volume to make up for shortfalls. It's one of the expected outcomes when you have cashiers who make minimal wages w/ minimal benefits and don't have a major vested interest in profitability. If I was dealing w/ a small retailer that I frequent, I would be more prone to bring it to their attention.

Stealing from a big store is not OK, even from WalMart. It only makes it harder for them to hire good workers and offer them a decent living wage. Shame on both of you.

It's not okay to steal from anyone...period.
nono.gif

I'm not going to tell someone else how to live their life, that's a personal choice. But here's some food for thought. Next time the situation arises, think about how you would appear in your SO or your childeren eyes if they knew you were not doing the right thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back