M1EP vs Jet Oil Test by Project Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
No thank you. Why would anyone dilute their fully formulated oil with something that has no place in an automotive engine? You would be diluting both the additives and the viscosity.

Originally Posted by PimTac
I hope nobody takes this guy seriously? This is a meaningless video just to attract views.

At least the bozo says at the end not to use jet turbine oil in your vehicle (and appears to be an edited addition to the video), which begs the question as to why he did the comparison in the first place.

You know the answer.

Most of Project Farm's vids are meant as entertainment that is viewer requested, as this was, so not sure why you're bagging on him for providing that sort of content. There is a plethora of attention seeking clickbait providers that deserve this honor far more.

Originally Posted by PimTac
I hope nobody takes this guy seriously? This is a meaningless video just to attract views.

for sure, 0 useful information provided. Yet it was interesting to see the packaging of mobil jet oil, never seen one before. Apparently you can buy it from amazon as well

Originally Posted by A_Spruce
Most of Project Farm's vids are meant as entertainment that is viewer requested, as this was, so not sure why you're bagging on him for providing that sort of content. There is a plethora of attention seeking clickbait providers that deserve this honor far more.

AGree, but I'm on other automotive forums and it shocks me how many people think his tests absolutely prove which oils are better than others.

I used to deal with Mobil Jet oil in the AF. It's in a steel can that looks like the old 1976 Mobil1 can except it just says "Mobil1 Jet Oil" and an NSN number. No grade on the can but it pours like kerosene.

Absolutely a worthless waste of video time !!
Why would anyone compare the two oils in the first place

I don't have a jet engine in my truck !!!🤨🤨...–

I would go with the Class V for his meaningless tests.
Mobil Jetâ„¢ Oil 254

Originally Posted by IndyFan
Originally Posted by A_Spruce

AGree, but I'm on other automotive forums and it shocks me how many people think his tests absolutely prove which oils are better than others.

I was surprised as well, in facebook pages and youtube videos, I saw people mentioning him and his videos, saying Amsoil is the best oil because it won first place in his testing against different oil brands.

I responded in one facebook post where I said the tests, while interesting to watch, don't follow any actual engine tests and don't reflect how the oils perform in real engines.

Ridiculous videos can be downright dangerous to the longevity of a conventional IC engine.

There are enough gullible people out there who will actually do this because of the video.

And when the engine fails, who will be responsible for the failure?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back