M1 vs. PUP Observations

What should the Noack of a 70% PAO (If it's the USA Formula) 20 Grade be?
In the latest test, we found that the 0W20 of AP will not be turbid , while the EP will be turbid at minus 25 degrees Celsius。
So there is reason to believe that AP is only 70% PAO, and the formula of EP has changed, it is estimated that only 40%

In the latest test, we found that the 0W20 of AP will not be turbid , while the EP will be turbid at minus 25 degrees Celsius。
So there is reason to believe that AP is only 70% PAO, and the formula of EP has changed, it is estimated that only 40%

The Formula sold in your location may or may not be the same as the USA Formula. My comment was based on the latest M1
Data Sheet (SP GF-6) for the USA Market.

You can clearly see that this is the 2017 report, and it is now 2020.
QQ截图20200926225129.png

I guess that Mobil has changed the formula of EP without updating the MSDS

The Formula sold in your location may or may not be the same as the USA Formula. My comment was based on the latest M1
Data Sheet (SP GF-6) for the USA Market.
I buy the MOBIL EP from Wal-Mart ,then sent from the U.S.

I haven't seen a 2020 MSDS. I don't thin it's been reformulated since then. Mobil is usually a few years ahead.

Neither have I and it is possible they have not changed anything. The website PDS shows the new 20k endurance plus SP and GF6 for the EP 0w20.

Agree. Keeping the pistons clean is important, especially the ring area. Pennzoil Platinum and Ultra Platinum still maintains the piston cleanliness claims based on Sequence IIIH results, but no longer mentions any of the competition, likely due to formulation changes over time.
I agree that keeping pistons free from ring coking is vital for long engine life, proper performance, and preventing loss in fuel mileage. M1 oils has given my engines that for the last 42 years at 10K OCIs.

EP (with otherwise the same data) was listing 30-40% PAO + 30-40% HC for Japan from January 11 2018.

(corrected date)

EP (with otherwise the same data) was listing 30-40% PAO + 30-40% HC for Japan from 11/18.

That is correct. I just checked the Japan MSDS for EP 0w20.

I don't see EP on the website though. The AFE 0w20 matches identical to the U.S. PDS.

Last edited:

I don't see EP on the website though. The AFE 0w20 matches identical to the U.S. PDS.

Screenshot_20200926-235802.png
Screenshot_20200926-235640.png

Last edited:

Ĵapan's 0w20 is us afe 0w20

Used up my last M1 that I scored at WM a while back and my 19 sorento burned about 1 qrt in 5k miles. Previously used PP and never had oil burn. Never was a M1 fan. More expensive and nothing to gain, IMO.

I can't help but see Japan's latest regular 0W-20 also shifting, shown as 60-70% GTL in September 2020.

Used up my last M1 that I scored at WM a while back and my 19 sorento burned about 1 qrt in 5k miles. Previously used PP and never had oil burn. Never was a M1 fan. More expensive and nothing to gain, IMO.
Why buy new cars that burn oil (or grenade engines) … used M1 for decades and nothing burned oil …

Back