m1 vs pennzoil platinum vs castrol edge cleaning ability/seal conditioning

Gtl very is close to poa they change additive package and base oil which is better at cleaning . calcium additive is better and less corrosive then magnium additive higher calcium ppm and base oil contain old pup which group 4/5 make old formula great but new formula is not that great but still good for price . PP and PUP with new formulation is very close now before it was big difference both gtl base.

Okay so the “old” product never was majority PAO/Group V then. So the whole presupposition was wrong?

I was scratching my head as well on this but I haven’t had enough coffee to figure out what I missed. Thanks for clearing it up.

Castrol conditioned the seals in my truck nicely and that was using conventional so I know the synthetic will do good most likely.
Castrol stopped oil usage cold for me, although it was very minor.

Don’t know about cleaning except that you would have to go a long ways to find something stronger than M-1.

i know its hard to say which is a better oil like lubrication wise. but out of these which is better for cleaning ability and seal conditioning.

any ideas?

m1 regular syn vs pennzoil platinum vs castrol edge
While there could be some ingredient that doesn't show up in the Blackstone level of lab work . I can't see how any of the equal tier oils being a whole lot of difference.

PP or Castrol. I know M1 has a following here, and that's fine, but I can't wait to get it out of my 19 Sorento. Scored a bunch of M1 a few months ago, as I think many people here did. I'd been using PP for the first 3 OCI and never burned any oil. Used M1 and burned 1.5 qrts. in 5k miles. Drained and used PP. Didn't burn anything. 5k miles later, drained and used M1 again. So here it sits with a little more than 2000 miles to go before my next OC and it's already burned 1 qrt. of M1. Maybe my car doesn't like M1, but I'll never use it again.
I had that same issue (NOT MOBILE1) with a different oil over the years, PYB. Everytime I tried it my cars and trucks had to be topped off between oci. No idea how or why and it just sounds like some oils do not work well in certain vehicles. Gave up and simply won't even try it again so maybe its better these days. No I can not explain why? Plus I never experience that issue with any other oils?

No BS just gets the job done. ;)
PZ-Platinum-API-950x1000.jpeg

Back