M1 Truck & SUV Synthetic Users ?

Although marketed for towing and extreme use in Truck & SUV's - if it is the same price with a better add pack than standard M1 , then why wouldn't you want to switch to the M1 Truck & SUV synthetic for any application where you ran standard M1 before ?... Is there any downside to the M1 Truck & SUV synthetic having 10% more detergents and better wear protection than using standard M1 ?

No downside that I see. I bought 48 quarts of it when Strauss Stores closed out of it. I sold some and used the rest w/o issue. I ran it for a while in my 2000 Century and sent the car to my son with a few cases of the oil in the trunk. When I pulled the valve covers to change out the lower intake manifold I noticed the oil had done a bit of cleaning of the mess left behind from years of dino oil and 3k oci's.
27.gif
I came to the conclusion dino oil was not good in that engine.

No downside. I rarely if ever see it. I'd just opt for EP instead. I'm sure it is a good oil but one that Mobil rolled out due to their competitors offering similar products.

WM has the M1 Truck & SUV synthetic oil for sale on - line for the same price as regular M1 ... I may give it a try for grins soon if the M1 EP is no longer on roll back for the same price.

Exxon had an independent, third-party research facility test of the 5W-30 version using a 2018 F150 with an Ecoboost 3.5 in a 120,000‐mile test with 10,000-mile OCIs, which included more than 50,000 miles of simulated towing of a 5,000‐pound load. The results were impressive: completely clean valve assembly and inside of valve cover, no sludge, oil testing wear metal results indicated outstanding protection of critical engine parts throughout the test, the oil viscosity remained within the requirements or SAE 5W-30 grade throughout the test, and no oil top-off’s were required. So, they appear to have an excellent product for towing with an Ecoboost 3.5 and were willing to invest in a high-milage test to prove it. I realize this is marketing, and it would have been nice to see a teardown. But since I have the same engine in my Expedition and with a similar usage pattern, I find this report quite compelling:

Great price but not sold by Amazon. It's sold by a new seller storefront with their address in Punjab, Pakistan. Not sure I'd want someone in Pakistan to know my name and shipping address even though I'm sure my identity has been stolen a few dozen times already.

Backed by Amazon's guarantee but still, caveat emptor.
Tempting, but I don’t think I’ll chance it.

Great price but not sold by Amazon. It's sold by a new seller storefront with their address in Punjab, Pakistan. Not sure I'd want someone in Pakistan to know my name and shipping address even though I'm sure my identity has been stolen a few dozen times already.

Backed by Amazon's guarantee but still, caveat emptor.

Detailed Seller Information​

Business Name: Muhammad Hamza
Business Address:
House 109 block b near new cricket stadium Multan
Multan international cricket stadium, Vehari road Multan,
Multan
Punjab
PK

Lolol

Wew lad

Agreed. I would love to but wouldn’t chance it. Ugh
uhh, yeah...there's a new "seller" named SOOPER MART with same price.........

Detailed Seller Information​

Business Name: Arslan Amjad
Business Address:
Shalimar Town near arif byepass
House no.214-A
Sahiwal
Punjab
PK

yeah............****in scammers.

Exxon had an independent, third-party research facility test of the 5W-30 version using a 2018 F150 with an Ecoboost 3.5 in a 120,000‐mile test with 10,000-mile OCIs, which included more than 50,000 miles of simulated towing of a 5,000‐pound load. The results were impressive: completely clean valve assembly and inside of valve cover, no sludge, oil testing wear metal results indicated outstanding protection of critical engine parts throughout the test, the oil viscosity remained within the requirements or SAE 5W-30 grade throughout the test, and no oil top-off’s were required. So, they appear to have an excellent product for towing with an Ecoboost 3.5 and were willing to invest in a high-milage test to prove it. I realize this is marketing, and it would have been nice to see a teardown. But since I have the same engine in my Expedition and with a similar usage pattern, I find this report quite compelling:

I appreciate that Mobil showcases some of their testing, however those conditions are relatively easy on oil. Short tripping is much harder on oil.

Back