M1 TDT now at Fleet Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for posting this in a couple spots, but so many people have been searching for M1 TDT that I thought I would be doing my civic duty.

Anyway, I found TDT at Fleet Farm (upper midwest chain) today. Fully stocked with quarts and cases. Price on the shelf was $5.45/qt.

Fleet Farm is a great place to get things, cheaper than most places for standard things, Havoline at a great price, Purolators, car batteries at low prices if you could trust their own brand. I generally get things a dollar or more cheaper than auto parts places even in the item is 10 bucks more often than not. Too bad they only stock Amsoil outboard 2 stroke oil, Amsoil PI, Amsoil ATF, and Amzoil XL-series. I wish they had what I've wanted such as the straight grade 30 diesel oil, the manual transmission rated synthetic 75w-90, or any of the PAO Amsoil oils that I would love to get from them.

I left one detail out of this post that I put into my post in the General Topics forum. It seems that FF is discontinuing Purolator filters in favor of Fram. So much orange I needed sunglasses. The Purolator has been relegated to a little endcap that usually holds clearance items.

Fleet/Farm and Farm&Fleet are similar stores but different companies.
They also seem to be a upper-midwest chain.
Similar products, similar prices, etc.
I'm not sure which came first.
Rumor is that the two companies were started by brothers that didn't see eye to eye, so they compete.
Fleet/Farm is in Wis. Min. and Iowa.
Farm&Fleet covers Wisconsin, Illinois, and Iowa.

[ September 12, 2006, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: dwendt44 ]

quote:

Originally posted by dwendt44:
Fleet/Farm and Farm&Fleet are similar stores but different companies.
They also seem to be a upper-midwest chain.
Similar products, similar prices, etc.
I'm not sure which came first.
Rumor is that the two companies were started by brothers that didn't see eye to eye, so they compete.
Fleet/Farm is in Wis. Min. and Iowa.
Farm&Fleet covers Wisconsin, Illinois, and Iowa.

Not brothers but they were partners, Mr. Blain and Mr. Mills. When they split up Mills took the name Fleet Farm and Blain took the name Farm & Fleet.

I can't find this stuff anywhere! I've got 1 place that says they can order it but it is $7.33/qt and it will take 2 weeks. I've got 1 more place to try before I give up and order it online. I have yet to call one of the oil distributors yet, perhaps they can get it for me?

WishIhadatruck,

Just for info...

Amsoil is set to release their new PAO/Ester based, 5w-40/HDEO on Oct 1st. I expect it will be comparably priced to Delvac 1 and may be easier to find locally.

Don't know what you're using Delvac 1 in, but I expect this new Amsoil lube to be a top notch product. The fleet testing Amsoil completed showed comparable wear rates to their 15w-40 HD diesel and Marine oil in OTR trucks.

TS

Quote:

WishIhadatruck,

Just for info...

Amsoil is set to release their new PAO/Ester based, 5w-40/HDEO on Oct 1st. I expect it will be comparably priced to Delvac 1 and may be easier to find locally.

Don't know what you're using Delvac 1 in, but I expect this new Amsoil lube to be a top notch product. The fleet testing Amsoil completed showed comparable wear rates to their 15w-40 HD diesel and Marine oil in OTR trucks.

TS

TooSlick,

This is very interesting infomation. Will this oil be rated for cars as well lick Delvac 1 and can you post a VOA when it becomes available.
cool.gif

WishIhadatruck, if you ever get by this way, there's a distributor in Southfield/Detroit called Vesco oil that still sells Mobil 1 T&SUV 5W-40 for around $6.29/qt.

Even closer to you is a Murrays (Ann Arbor or Lansing) that sells Mobil 1 TDT 5W-40 (same as T&SUV) for $5.79/qt. I've never seen more than a handful of quarts on the shelves at any one time in any of the stores, so you may want to call ahead to place a larger order.

Quote:

WishIhadatruck, if you ever get by this way, there's a distributor in Southfield/Detroit called Vesco oil that still sells Mobil 1 T&SUV 5W-40 for around $6.29/qt.

Even closer to you is a Murrays (Ann Arbor or Lansing) that sells Mobil 1 TDT 5W-40 (same as T&SUV) for $5.79/qt. I've never seen more than a handful of quarts on the shelves at any one time in any of the stores, so you may want to call ahead to place a larger order.

Thanks for the info. I looked up Kestas and they have a location in GrandRapids so I'll probably give them a call in the future. I've tried something else this time but I'll probably try Delvac1 next spring or summer. I'm not using it in a diesel but some older gas engines that seem to want something thicker than 5w-30. Currently I was just going to mix it with some of my leftover Mobil 1 5w-30 to thicken up my last 1-2 oil changes worth of stock I have left in my garage. I'll probably try running it straight (no mixing) in my '94 Grand Prix and my '96 Roadmaster Wagon when my stock is gone. I have some GC I'm going to try as well.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back