M1 Supercar 0w-40 vs M1 Euro 0w-40

I have a 2019 Corvette (naturally aspirated 6.2l) and I have been running M1 ESP 0W-40 (recently rebranded as M1 Supercar) in it.

In the past, I used the M1 0W-40 in a Porsche I had, with good success. I am wondering about the difference between the two - if they perform the same, I would switch over to the Euro formula as it is usually cheaper and easier to find. The car holds 10+ quarts in the dry sump system, and I use the car for autocross and drag racing. It currently has about 6k miles on it.

I have a 2019 Corvette (naturally aspirated 6.2l) and I have been running M1 ESP 0W-40 (recently rebranded as M1 Supercar) in it.

In the past, I used the M1 0W-40 in a Porsche I had, with good success. I am wondering about the difference between the two - if they perform the same, I would switch over to the Euro formula as it is usually cheaper and easier to find. The car holds 10+ quarts in the dry sump system, and I use the car for autocross and drag racing. It currently has about 6k miles on it.
The Euro oil is full-SAPS, so it has higher levels of conventional AW additives (eg: ZDDP) and isn't compatible with advanced aftertreatment systems like GPF/DPF filters. As long as the car doesn't have a GPF, it would be fine.

The Euro oil is full-SAPS, so it has higher levels of conventional AW additives (eg: ZDDP) and isn't compatible with advanced aftertreatment systems like GPF/DPF filters. As long as the car doesn't have a GPF, it would be fine.
It does not have a GPF to my knowledge. What about intake valve carbon build up - would one or the other have less buildup or is it a wash?

It does not have a GPF to my knowledge. What about intake valve carbon build up - would one or the other have less buildup or is it a wash?
ESP will have less build up but overall build up depends on the design of the PCV system. IF GM specified ESP type oil then I would use that.

BTW Porsche came out with an cert for ESP oils in 40w. The cert is C40.

Last edited:
Does the engine just have DI or dual injection? If just DI, then yes, the full-SAPS oil may be slightly more inclined to increase the rate of IVD build-up, but as @BMWTurboDzl noted, PCV design is the biggest factor.

So far as I know, the engine is DI only. The dry sump system has an elaborate PCV system so build up may not be much of an issue as it is in some cars.

Back