M1/PP for 2009 Escape V6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be doing the first change on my moms 2009 Escape (V6) next week, and am deciding between these two oils. The manual states 7,500 OCI and I usually use PP all around, but I know many people have said PP has a 6k-6.5k 'range'. What do you think? Would it be fine to run PP 5-20 for the entire 7,500 interval or step up to a more robust oil?

Last edited:
PP easily has a 10k range - I think this is generally agreed on BITOG. Word is that Pennz. field tested PP to 15k (though no warranties or statements).

I would use either with full confidence as they are both superb oils. Use whatever is cheaper at that particular change!
thumbsup2.gif

The 7500 miles OCI in the manual is with dino oil, PP and/or brand name synthetic, grp 3 or 4 or 5, can go much further than that.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
The 7500 miles OCI in the manual is with dino oil, PP and/or brand name synthetic, grp 3 or 4 or 5, can go much further than that.

you see that is the constant contradiction I see on this site. In one thread you read that 5k is about max with 50/50 driving & dino oil and then the next thread down somone claims good results on dino UOA as much as 8-9k!!! So what is it?

Why would OEM's tell people 7500k on dino knowing that many of their drivers should use the severe FST service and do it between 3-4k...??? I just don't get it...if dino can wear out as fast as 3k but in many cases also last 8k, then why not split the difference as an OEm manufacturer and tell people 5k on dino???

Do the PP for 7500 and keep receipts & a log for warranty purposes. When your warranty is up do a UOA at 7500 to see where you are with the PP.

Originally Posted By: FastSUV

you see that is the constant contradiction I see on this site. In one thread you read that 5k is about max with 50/50 driving & dino oil and then the next thread down somone claims good results on dino UOA as much as 8-9k!!! So what is it?

Why would OEM's tell people 7500k on dino knowing that many of their drivers should use the severe FST service and do it between 3-4k...??? I just don't get it...if dino can wear out as fast as 3k but in many cases also last 8k, then why not split the difference as an OEm manufacturer and tell people 5k on dino???

Every engine is different. Lots of variables that may look like they contradict each other. OCI is set by the engine maker. Most are 5000 today but some are more...some less. Sump capacity is a huge factor as well.

Hi xba 380

I have a 2008 escape,using 5w30 PP.
No longer use MOBIL 1.

My last 2 vehicles have developed rear seal leaks using mobil 1 5w30. Many of my friends have experiensed the same. Dont know if pp results will be the same. Time will tell. Not bashing Mobil 1,just stating the facts and experience that I have had with mobil 1.

gouda

gouda is my dogs name,its not duch cheese.

http://www.goodshepherdkennels.com

I have a '06 Tribute with the 3.0 V6. Engine runs great on pretty much anything in the 0-5w20-30 range. I ran M1 0w20 in the winter, now I'm gonna change to 0w30, because that's what I got on sale. FWIW, the engine really seemed to like 5w30 Synpower. PP is also a great oil.

Use any quality syn to 7500m with no worries.

Originally Posted By: FastSUV

I've never seen dino wear out in 3k unless it was used in a problematic engine.

Ford says 7500 miles or six months, which seems pretty reasonable to me. If you only used your car for short trips, you would not accumulate 7500 miles in six months anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back