M1 o-4o v. M1 (TDT) 5-4o

Status
Not open for further replies.
A safe Memorial Day Weekend to you all.

After reading, adding & asking on BITOG, it appears the above mentioned motor oils are the best Mobil has to offer. (Barring ESP)

Who leads in:

1) Base stocks?
2) Cleaning?
3) OCI

Thanks.
-A

Originally Posted By: FXjohn
I thought Mobil one was considered passe/waste of money

Are you kidding me? Come on Man.

-A

Who said mobil 1 was a waste of money? I like both oils, but I think TDT is better. I think TDT and delvac are pretty much their finest oils, even though they are for diesels...

I use mobil one, but it sounds like other synthetics are just as good these days.

Last edited:
I don't know Bro., Market leade3r and all that. They win everything! F1, NASCAR, IRL, LeMans, etc., how bad can they be? I dont want to like them - I really dont, but the numbers don't lie. Now as far as POA, And TBN go, yes I see PP giving them a run for the money, but for now, I choose M1. Until I can afford Motul, that is... ;-)

-A

Originally Posted By: VW_TDI_PD
... I think TDT and delvac are pretty much their finest oils, even though they are for diesels.

Agree, I'm sure Donaldson OverK1ll will chime in soon.

-A

Running M1 TDT in the wife's VW TDI. The diesel engine runs quieter on it than it did on the Castrol OE oil, but that is likely due to the OE oil being 5W30 and the TDT being 5W40.

One thing about holding the most market share is that everyone else takes target practice at you. You know, the old "king of the mountain" game. Everyone else is scrambling to take your place.

No matter what Valvoline, Castrol, and others throw out there to divert your attention, Mobil 1 is still a solid product.

But when you really get down to it, they all exceed the need anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back