M1 HM (or MMO) conflict with Ceratec / M02S?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the many positives I’ve read here at BITOG, I bought 2 cans each of Ceratec and M02S.

Is the Ceratec and M02S compatible? Will one keep the other from doing what it is supposed to do since Ceratec is every like 30k vs. every OIC on M02S? Any conflict with M1 HM? I’m thinking extra cleaning while trying to get stuff to stick doesn’t agree somewhere.

My Sequoia had just received an oil change and has 3 qts M1 HM 5-20 and 3.5 qts M1 EP 5-20. I added a bottle of Ceratec to that already after less than 1000k on oil. Sequoia only gets 1 OIC per year based on the fact it only gets about 7-8k/year. Many short trips but enough longer runs to get good and hot at least every 2 weeks. I fill up every time and track it, so far mileage has gone up but it is summer so sees more longer drives as opposed to 5 minute drive to school where wife works. We’ll see what happens in the future and if I use it for Hershey trip. I plan to probably add at least ½ the M02S next oil change if not the full thing since it takes 6.5qts.

Currently the Sonata is at 109k with 6K on PP 5-20. The oil is dark and looks like it’s down about .5-.75 qt on the dipstick. I think the last couple changes it’s been the same way so looks like it’s starting to use some oil. No leaks that I can see. I’ll probably top off with the MMO and change in about 1k. Motor looks clean but oil always starts to get dirty around now. UOA’s have always come back good at 7500k. Next OIC I’ll probably go with the M1 HM and EP mix also. Sonata, my DD is always a mix of 70/30 highway/local and is low to mid 20’s mpg for all of its 109k so far so a pretty good test mule to see if anything improves.

I want to add the Ceratec to Sonata also with the fresh oil to see what it does. Will the recent MMO use have any negative effect? I don’t think it will once it’s been drained well. Once the Ceratec OIC is done I’ll probably do the ½ bottle M02S to future changes to see if any effect.

Will a future MMO or Kreen addition do anything if I use it the same way as an added end of OIC cleaning? Probably be MMO just for cost and ease of availability. Sequoia is 1/year chance, Sonata 2x/year.

Not sure why you want to add Ceratec/MOS2 if you want to try clean up using HM ? If you are loking to reduce oil consumption, 30-weight definitely is way to go.
My experience with Ceratec is not that pleasant, even though in the short run looks quieten engine and increase mileage, in the long run the effect is diminished and causing ping (combustion chamber deposit) even though my engine is not consuming oil (relatively oil level on the dipstick is stable throughout OCI).

In regards MoS2 I believe it has some benefit, even though the additive is not lasting (went away when oil is changed) and one need to be careful not to add too much that cause VVT controller goes haywire.

But still for new engine technology, that creates higher heat, add-on additive is no longer preferred, good formulation oil with the right viscosity is better due to less compatibility, aging and separation issue that comes from add-on additive.

Originally Posted By: kr_bitog
Not sure why you want to add Ceratec/MOS2 if you want to try clean up using HM ?

I'm not sure either. Use the cleaning products of your choice first, then experiment with Ceratec/MOS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back