M1 Extended Performance - Group IV?

From the OP:
"Yes, thanks, my 3.6 calls for 5w30"

Yes, understood. I was making the point that whether majority GrpIV or GrpIII, all Mobil1 Extended Performance oils are rated for 20k miles. I wouldn’t worry about the ingredients if the finished product still grants you the same end result.

If you pay the same for Amsoil Signature Series as you do for Mobil1 Extended Performance, that's a great deal for the Amsoil IF you're specifically looking for GrpIV and IF SS is majority PAO...I'm not familiar with their base oil makeup..

Last edited:
Amsoil is a blend.
1618758092985.jpg

Looks to be so.

If you pay the same for Amsoil Signature Series as you do for Mobil1 Extended Performance, that's a great deal for the Amsoil IF you're specifically looking for GrpIV.
Up here 4.73L of M1 is $64.99, and a 1L bottle is $17.79, that gets me the 5.7L needed for an oil change.

$76.20 gets me 6L of Amsoil SS 5W30 with my Preferred pricing.

There is nothing wrong with Amsoil if that is your choice. But then you are the one believing Amsoil's marketing. .

Up here 4.73L of M1 is $64.99, and a 1L bottle is $17.79, that gets me the 5.7L needed for an oil change.

$76.20 gets me 6L of Amsoil SS 5W30 with my Preferred pricing.
Except when M1 is 45% or 50% off every two to three weeks at Canadian Tire. I purchase Mobil 1 AFE for less than $27 at WalMart a few weeks ago. Sure, if I put zero effort into watching for sales I could pay $65 for M1.....

Back