M1 ESP 5W-30 Pricing & Availability ??

How far upstate NY are you? Wally's in the Hudson Valley carry a large selection of M1, inclusing M1 EP. I get mine at the Fishkill location most often. Normally $29.xx but about quarterly it goes on sale for regular M1 price of about $25.XX.

I use Castrol C3 or LL @ $21.xx from Walmart instead. A lot of people are using PP L or Valvolene X-III.
I can get all from my local AA or AZ stores, PP L always on the shelf at Walmart, order Valvoline from NAPA, Amazon, or Walmart, and order Castrol from Walmart (when it was in stock before this post November drought).

Funniest part of "Mercedes recommends Mobil 1" is that the official approval list (Mercedes BEVO) use to state Fuchs Titan as "factory fill for the OM642" engines. That statement was removed not too long ago.

Last edited:
It's always been expensive and only available in individual quarts it's kind of a niche product, recently AAP has started carrying 5qt jugs of the 0W-30, right now you can order it and use the promo code 25JAN and it'll be just under $30/jug before tax.

I tried the Promo Code and it worked a week or so ago, did not order any, tried today and the Promo Code is not working.

I have 3 cases (18 qts) of Mobil ESP 5W-30 in my care. I'm willing to pay a little more for a HTHS 3.5, ACEA C3 oil. My cars purr along very well with this oil in it. I ordered it from SpeedWay Motors because I didn't find it in my neighborhood.

Don't see the 5-30 ESP jugs on AAP (or anywhere else), the qts. are $9.99, it also says "Excluded from discounts except Speed Perks rewards".

And "EXCLUDED ITEM FROM JAN2 PROMOTION, EXCEPT SPEED PERKS REWARDS"

Last edited:
Don't see the 5-30 ESP jugs on AAP (or anywhere else), the qts. are $9.99, it also says "Excluded from discounts except Speed Perks rewards".

And "EXCLUDED ITEM FROM JAN2 PROMOTION, EXCEPT SPEED PERKS REWARDS"

You will only find the ESP 5 quart jug in 0W-30, the new Promo Code is JAN2B, so 3 five quart jugs of ESP 0W-30 would come to $97,49, so thats like $6.49 a quart.

A month ago with the promo code I got 3 five quart jugs for $93.00, so that was like $6.20 a quart. I could not figure out why they would let you use a promo code on 5 quart jugs but not on individual quarts.

Just a heads up....they included the ESP at Auto Zone in their M1 sale bundle, 5qts. ESP 5-30 plus a $10. STP filter for $40. Did 4 of them....Comes out to $6. a qt. including tax. Not sure if the STP cartridge filters are top quality but still a good deal.

For 2 deals:
M1 $32.99
$32.99
STP $9.99
$9.99
$85.96
-$11.98 (deal)
$73.98
Tax $6.01
T $79.99

I'm surprised it's more expensive for you guys in the US because up here in Canada it's priced the same as regular Mobil 1, and the benefit of that is when Canadian Tire puts M1 on sale, that includes ESP. Last week they were selling the 5L jugs for $36.99 actually. It's a way better deal than M1 0w40 ESP Formula (factory fill on Corvettes since 2019), which isn't readily available here and most GM dealers want a ridiculous $25 per liter for it. Crazy considering the 5w30 version can work just as well in the Corvette, it has the same HTHS value.

I'm surprised it's more expensive for you guys in the US because up here in Canada it's priced the same as regular Mobil 1, and the benefit of that is when Canadian Tire puts M1 on sale, that includes ESP. Last week they were selling the 5L jugs for $36.99 actually. It's a way better deal than M1 0w40 ESP Formula (factory fill on Corvettes since 2019), which isn't readily available here and most GM dealers want a ridiculous $25 per liter for it. Crazy considering the 5w30 version can work just as well in the Corvette, it has the same HTHS value.
We can get the Corvette Oil, which now seems to be replaced by ESP X3 0w40 on the shelves even though the Corvette oil is pictured online,, at Autozone as part of their oil change bundles for $36.99 for 5qts and a filter. The change over to ESP x3 isn't a big deal as it's still Dexos2 approved and has a slew of other euro approvals, it's either the same or better than the previous product, I never got why Mobil released it with only Dexos2, it almost seems like it wouldn't be worth manufacturing when the only application is new Corvettes and the rather uncommon 2.8L "Duramax" Canyon/Colorado.
1646075764407.jpg

The ESP X3 0-40 has the MB 229.52 and the Porsche C30 but NOT the VW 507 Diesel spec?? On Mobil's site it also says "no retailers found". I buy the ESP 5-30 just for the Audi 507 approval.

Back