M1 ESP 0w-30 ACEA C3 with no OEM mentions

Have a case of 6 of Mobil 1 ESP 0w-30 that could be three years old. The label states it's ACEA C3, however there is no manufactures approvals or certifications? I've seen oils that have only one manufactures certification, VW508 for example, but this I've not seen before. Any theories why this one is only ACEA C3?

IMG_3397.jpg

IMG_3398.jpg

It was noticed a while back with a bit of explanation here:

The MB-Approval 229.31, MB-Approval 229.51, and/or MB-Approval 229.52 requirements should be listed in the fluids section of your owner's manual, and they're also listed on the rear labels of these oils. This is Mercedes way of telling BlueTec diesel owners "This oil is safe for your engine."**

excerpt From M1 Site linked in response to Vyrus984 1-star rating

OOps !

The oil carries the appropriate ratings. Not sure why the bottles don't have them listed on the back, where the ESP 5W-30 does.

Maybe because this is an even more specialized product? Not many consumers out there looking specifically for this oil.

The oil is a C3. It is for vehicles that the owners manual recommends a C3 oil.

The carton had the actual M1 part number that part does show all the MB, VW and Porsche approvals on the M1 website. I guess it's just one of those quirky things. Carton and bottles are in pristine condition. I'll use with confidence.

I just noticed the QR code in the Meets or Exceeds table

"Scan for more product Information".

Only for people with expensive smartphones with QR reader software,

That says, "Poor boyz in used up used 138K mile MB320 's need not apply! "

Mobil was experimenting with having the customer use the scan tool. I don’t think it took off. With my Iphone I took a photo of the back of a bottle with a scan code and received asking a message if I’d like more info.

I just noticed the QR code in the Meets or Exceeds table

"Scan for more product Information".

Only for people with expensive smartphones with QR reader software,

That says, "Poor boyz in used up used 138K mile MB320 's need not apply! "
QR codes are ubiquitous these days, although most people probably don't notice their presence as they look like odd graphics and no text. Our eyes just go right past them, unless we specifically seek them out.

You don't need an expensive smartphone to read a QR code. Pretty much any smartphone can do it these days.

Windows phone OS has less than 0.1% market share, and Windows phones can read QR codes as well. :)

Are Windows phones still supported? Or even still made? Last one I saw was a mess. It was something from Nokia I think.

A "mess" how? My Nokia Lumia 640 LTE running windows phone 8.1 is no longer supported, but it has transparent file management so the phone would not become overloaded with junk files and stop working like my wife's last two android phones. The personnel at the phone store would not or could not get her phone cleaned up. Kid form work said you have to purchase a file management app.
This may have been back in the Ice Cream Sandwich or Jellybean version days.
I can plug my phone into my PC and do file management or just manage from the phone. Runs fine. no freezing, stuttering or bizarre operation. Totally non kludgy.

A "mess" how? My Nokia Lumia 640 LTE running windows phone 8.1 is no longer supported, but it has transparent file management so the phone would not become overloaded with junk files and stop working like my wife's last two android phones. The personnel at the phone store would not or could not get her phone cleaned up. Kid form work said you have to purchase a file management app.
A mess because the included apps were very minimal. There was no viable app store to add any functionality.
Oh, and the kid from work is wrong. There is a very capable file management system on all Android phones. They can be plugged right into a laptop to use the file transfer feature. Including Windows 10 as well as my Linux machine. This has been the case forever, way back to Ice Cream Sandwich.
Now if "the kid" was in the Apple fan club, he may think that way. However, I have never owned an Apple device. Also, stay away from Amazon Fire tablets too. Also a mess. They are good for one thing, purchasing Amazon content.

This may have been back in the Ice Cream Sandwich or Jellybean version days.
I can plug my phone into my PC and do file management or just manage from the phone. Runs fine. no freezing, stuttering or bizarre operation. Totally non kludgy.
Microsoft. That is why I do not touch anything they make even if I had 10ft pole.

My daughter had one when they were popular, it was junk.
Works fine for me, I am not overly demanding. I can make phone calls, I can get maps, I can run the MSN weather app, I can stream video content, I has BT. It has a decent headphone jack. And it has a fair but serviceable camera.

I also built in my shop in North Andover all the Optical amplifiers and switches that made HS internet possible across the US.

What do you need your phone to do? What "incredible" app can I not live without?

3 year ago the "boys" in the shop recommended one of Motorola G series. They seemed fragile to me.

Back