M1 EP

Originally Posted by Since1941
Originally Posted by OilReport99
OP,

M1 EP is as good as they make them. Choose the appropriate viscosity for your application and worry about something else.

And you can do extended OCI too!

Thank you!

You're welcome!

M1 EP 5W-30 is all I used for 10 consecutive years in my 07 Impala, OCI were between 13-17K. Never worried about doing UOA. Other than some leaky seals I already replaced, engine runs with no issues.

Hope it helps

Just got the monthly special at auto parts store. 5qt of M1 EP and M1 extended filter for 36.00. Also, they had buy one get one 50off in the quarts. So I bought three of those.

thumbsup2.gif

You will have the engine out last the rest of the car with proper maintenance with any proper rated oil from any of the major oil companies

Just got the monthly special at auto parts store. 5qt of M1 EP and M1 extended filter for 36.00. Also, they had buy one get one 50off in the quarts. So I bought three of those.

That's a good price for both at your typical auto parts store. Your choice of oil is excellent. The filter is just OK with me. Wish it hadn't louvers.
thumbsup2.gif

It was not … it was in response to questions on PAO … M1 used a fair amount for added oxidation resistance over an extended interval …

I use Mobil 1 EP + Fram Ultra on our family vehicles with varying mileage. OCI is 1 year or 10k miles, whichever comes first. Walmart + M1 rebate = sweet deal

-ttvr4

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Anyone here use the M1 EP HM version?

Used it in our Fusion Hybrid before the massive jug invasion hit my garage …
Now have Mobil 1 AP in that car … by far my least favorite ride to change oil.

Mobil is updating their website. I assume to reflect all the current changes and product line changes.

Originally Posted by buster
Mobil is updating their website. I assume to reflect all the current changes and product line changes.

Buster, you've always liked Mobil 1, correct? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Yep that would be me. They've been one of the most consistent high performance brands for over years.

Yep that would be me. They've been one of the most consistent high performance brands for over years.

Awesome! I made the switch to using EP from here on out. The deal I got included the EP filter. What are your thoughts? I'm reading they aren't as good anymore? Is the Fram Ultra still the best?

I have no idea on the filter. I don't look for deals with oil. They are all inexpensive. I look for what I think is best for my application.

Awesome! I made the switch to using EP from here on out. The deal I got included the EP filter. What are your thoughts? I'm reading they aren't as good anymore? Is the Fram Ultra still the best?

Here's one more opinion to add to the pile.......EP is excellent. I run 10k OCI's in my Ecoboost and it handles it well. Fram Ultras filter better, but the M1 filter is still very good. I run Ultras in everything except my 2018 Jeep. It gets M1 filters because I got them for $4 each. From the last UOA, it does just fine. I've been running AP in the 18 Jeep (I think the formulation is very close to EP) and am currently on Rotella Gas Truck because I got it for free. I'll probably go to EP from here on out with the exception of the occasional smoking deal on another good oil.

If I had to choose one oil and had to stick to it for the life of the vehicle, including price as a consideration, M1 EP would be my choice, easily. I like the high flash point and low pour point, as well as the history of its performance in my engines. It is said to have a low Noack, too, in the 0w20 I run in my Jeep. The one run I did with EP in my 18 Jeep had a great UOA, too.

I'd run the M1 EP and the M1 oil filter with confidence, and as someone else said, worry about something else.

Indyfan,

Thank you very much for this! I'm sticking to this as my plan. Going to get Delvac 1 for my diff fluid change, and call it done.

I agree with Indyfan, and to add... I feel the same about Castrol Edge EP (gold bottle). The only two times I've extended drains on vehicles in my (oil change) care, Edge EP 5w20 was used. Once for over 8.5k miles in a Hyundai and the other, 12k miles in an Ecoboost Fusion. Both came back with stellar UOA. The Fusion isn't my vehicle but I know the owner has used this same oil for over 100k miles now at 9-15k mile intervals.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Anyone here use the M1 EP HM version?

Used it in our Fusion Hybrid before the massive jug invasion hit my garage …
Now have Mobil 1 AP in that car … by far my least favorite ride to change oil.

Skid plates/plastic covers?

Back