M1 EP 5w30 - 4098mi/7mos - 2006 Corvette LS2

Cross check OAI against a competitor - they seem to flag things more aggressively than others IME.
i'm in just over 20 bucks per sample with OAI, what would be some other labs in that price range? i vaguely remember blackstone getting a bit of a bad rap here and on other forums over the past few years and theyre a bit expensive as well

I know your CAI is aftermarket. But, original intake is also CAI. I am afraid you are having snake oil installed that is creating issues. Unless original has some kind of carbon filter restriction like my BMW had, which is unique for the US market, and you reverted to original set up (like I did, what BMW uses in Europe), you are not gaining anything, on contrary…
stock airbox especially on the LS2 cars is not great, the later LS3 and especially all the widebody vettes have a much better intake design. regardless none of them perform as well as a vararam (though they can be modified to get close).

that being said, the intake was on my car when i bought it (which is why i don't have the original) so there could be something wrong with it which i will be checking

i'm in just over 20 bucks per sample with OAI, what would be some other labs in that price range? i vaguely remember blackstone getting a bit of a bad rap here and on other forums over the past few years and theyre a bit expensive as well
I use OAI too, because they properly measure fuel using GC.

Napa/Wix is in that price range. Other issues aside. I like Blackstone other than the Fuel is unreliable.

Id make the intake a priority, maybe the stock one isn't great, but it would keep the junk out. shouldn't bee too hard to score one on the Corvette forums i would think...

This is why I am sticking with the stock intake on my 07 LS2 and tossed the K&N filters the previous owner was using for a couple Fram Ultra paper filters. I didn´t do a UOA, but didn´t need to do so to understand that they let more dirt in the engine. I don´t believe those things do as much for power as they claim. Even if they did, I wouldn´t like the tradeoff.

Thanks, OP, for sharing this! I would love to see a follow-up after addressing the intake and filtration. I just started my first run of M1 EP in my newly aquired Vette. I´ll do a UOA after probably a 3k run.

This is why I am sticking with the stock intake on my 07 LS2 and tossed the K&N filters the previous owner was using for a couple Fram Ultra paper filters. I didn´t do a UOA, but didn´t need to do so to understand that they let more dirt in the engine. I don´t believe those things do as much for power as they claim. Even if they did, I wouldn´t like the tradeoff.

Thanks, OP, for sharing this! I would love to see a follow-up after addressing the intake and filtration. I just started my first run of M1 EP in my newly aquired Vette. I´ll do a UOA after probably a 3k run.
Yeah I need to get around to checking my intake system one of these days, too lazy so far lol. About due for another change soon which should be interesting

Back