M1 Delvac 5w40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up until now the only M1 Delvac I've ever heard of was the 1300 series 10w30 and 15w40. Well I wanted to find out more about Delvac and my truck will be due for an oil change in the next couple hundred miles or so.

So I did a search on M1's site and found Delvac 5w40. I wasn't aware of it up until tonight. I think If I can find it in stores I'll give it a go. It's a high performance synthetic diesel oil. Here's the link, what's everyone here think of it?? Thanks,,,,AR

http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXE2CVLMOMobilDelvac1_5W-40.asp#ApplicationsTitle

Mobil1 Truck and SUV is the same as Delvac1, but its in quart bottles.

Walmart carries the Truck and SUV by the quart for 4.77 a quart.

I have seen gallons of Delvac1 for 29.99 at truck stops.

JH

If you have a local Truck-Pro or CAT (CAT Synthetic is re-branded D1) you can get it from them. But I have never seen it as cheap in gallon jugs as the $19.08 you can buy 4 QT of the M1 T&S branded version for.

Gene

quote:

Originally posted by Gene K:
If you have a local Truck-Pro or CAT (CAT Synthetic is re-branded D1) you can get it from them. But I have never seen it as cheap in gallon jugs as the $19.08 you can buy 4 QT of the M1 T&S branded version for.

Gene

Buying Mobil 1 Truck & SUV 5W-40 is the cheapest way to get Delvac 1. I guess Mobil figures that it's cheaper to discount Delvac 1 slightly to capitalize on the Mobil 1 brand name than to make a whole new formulation to target truck and SUV owners.

Our mobil site sponsor has delvac 1, and is in columbus.
grin.gif

http://store.avlube.com/index.html

quote:

Originally posted by Steve S:
Guys' the voa's of the suv compared to the delvac 1 are different.

Ok I was pretty well convinced that Delvac and T&SUV were more or less the same but that statement threw me off, no offense but your saying that T&SUV and Delvac are 2 entirely different oils? or is "entirely" too extreme, maybe just different?
confused.gif

Anyone know if Cat dino 15W40 is really Delvac 1300?
Just bought some for the Cat generators at work. If I remember correctly the bill was around $57 for a case of 6 gallons. Still cheaper at Wally World.
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Pick:
Anyone know if Cat dino 15W40 is really Delvac 1300?

At one time I was told the Dino was Delo 400 but that was years ago. I have no idea what it is now.

The Silver Bottle Synthetic is Delvac 1.

Gene

quote:

Originally posted by Steve S:
Guys' the voa's of the suv compared to the delvac 1 are different.

Steve, I saw that VOA and am still trying to decide what it means.

Earlier VOA as well as Mobil statements indicate they are the same oil. I think we need to wait on other VOA on the newer runs of T&S and D1 to confirm that Mobil has diverged the formulas.

Gene

quote:

Buying Mobil 1 Truck & SUV 5W-40 is the cheapest way to get Delvac 1. I guess Mobil figures that it's cheaper to discount Delvac 1 slightly to capitalize on the Mobil 1 brand name than to make a whole new formulation to target truck and SUV owners.

Maybe we should call it "D2".
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back