M1 5w40

I might be to pick up some 5w40 on the cheap. Will it be fine for a ecotec 2.2 engine? Chances are good this would be winter oil.....

Probably that AAP close out stuff, yes it would work fine year around,<i>maybe</i>.....sacrifice just a little MPG's,but a nice boosted add packed oil that will help with the OHV's.

daves87rs

Originally Posted By: daman
Probably that AAP close out stuff, yes it would work fine year around,maybe.....sacrifice just a little MPG's,but a nice boosted add packed oil that will help with the OHV's.
Yep, you got it. I found a store with a few quarts... I've considered picking some up for the beater, aka the Cobalt. If it protects well for the winter, a few MPGs won't matter....

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
 Originally Posted By: daman
Probably that AAP close out stuff, yes it would work fine year around,maybe.....sacrifice just a little MPG's,but a nice boosted add packed oil that will help with the OHV's.
Yep, you got it. I found a store with a few quarts... I've considered picking some up for the beater, aka the Cobalt. If it protects well for the winter, a few MPGs won't matter....
I knew it ,,but yea use it it'll work great!!!

You call a Cobalt a beater? They've only been out 4 years, and they are a nice car....what the heck have you done to yours?

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
I forgot to add that is for truck/SuV oil.....
The TSUV, truck sport utility vehicle oil only comes in a 5W-30. Did you mean the TDT diesel oil?