M1 5w30, 8.000Km., Honda Civic Si. disappointing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OrdnanceMarine

I don't know how much datalogging you're doing with FlashPro but you might want to do a good bit and make sure everything is spot on. Pb was running a little higher than average so I started datalogging again and realized there was some knock going on, which can be hard on the bearings and might be responsible for the higher Pb. I've been doing UOAs with the same oil since my first change on a brand new car and just received my baseline UOA back with 3500 miles that I took prior to making changes to ignition timing and if my theory is correct, Pb should fall between samples and would confirm that ignition timing was the problem.

As far as the iron, do you idle your engine for more than a few seconds before driving? Do you ever start the engine cold, move the car a few feet (in/out of the garage, etc.) and then shut it off? If you do these things they tend to leave more condensation inside the engine and could be the culprit.

Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to tune it myself.
I was thinking to get someone to check it for me since it's running noticeably better in cold weather, like it was when it got tuned.
I didn't notice much knocking last I checked. Here and there at low rpms. in 6th gear.
I'm trying to warm it up a couple of minutes before driving. Maybe when leaving work a shorten it a bit. I never start the car to have it run a few seconds only.
I think you are right, the sample with more lead wear was taken when the tuning was almost complete, so it went through some knocks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back