M1 5W-40 vs. M1 10W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a new toyota and I just simply want the most bang for my buck. I would like to have an extended drain interval but at the same time I don't want to accelerate the wear and tear on the engine.

Would M1 5W-40 provide better sludge protection in a Toyota 4runner engine than M1 10W-30 or 5W-30? I would like to keep the engine sludge free as much as possible so if anyone has any input, I'd love to hear it.

Any of the Mobil 1 oils will keep you motor nice and clean inside as long as you change it ocationaly. The 10W30 likely has less polymers to shear.

With a reasonable oci, I don't see you having any issue with any of these M1 products.

Are you thinking of extending drains or are you consuming oil?? Why do you ask?

Since it's a new Toyota the 10W30 may be a good choice for summer and the 5W30 for winter? A suggestion anyway.

quote:

Originally posted by Hankrr:
Since it's a new Toyota the 10W30 may be a good choice for summer and the 5W30 for winter? A suggestion anyway.

...always a good idea. How cold does it ever get in Utah? If it never dips below zero F you could use M1 10w30 all year.

It never gets below zero degrees here. Would the M1 5W-30 and the M1 10W-30 keep my engine just as clean as the M1 5W-40? Someone told me the 5W-40 has more of a robust additive package. Does that not make much of a difference in the toyoya gas engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back