M1 @ 25,000 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Ken:
One exhaust valve, about 18" diameter, in each head; each head weighs 7 tons.

Pics! We need pics!

smile.gif

Robert

Patman,

Amsoil was $5.95/quart when I started using it in 1978 ....about 5 years later when they started making oil in much larger quantities, they dropped the price to $4.95/qt.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
Also, look at how it was $3.95 back in 1978 and now it's about the same price still! Not bad!

Yeah and I could not help but smile when I saw the pic posted by Dominic
cheers.gif

They were a cool company to do what they did,when they did it
worshippy.gif

I still like their Drive Clean too!

I'm just curious. Is there anyone on here who is running Mobil 1 and is planning on going 10-15k intervals with analysis?

I think I will keep my sister's car running Mobil 1 (I just put in SL TriSynthetic, and will use SuperSyn in March) and will try it out on 10k+ intervals. I was going to try her car on the free batch of Royal Purple, but I'll save that for my wife's car only now. I'm really interested in seeing more results on M1 at higher intervals. I do believe it can handle it under the right conditions (up to 15k anyways)

The only car we are using it in is a 02 commuter that is used 5 days per week on Interstate only and parked on the weekends but although it would be a good candidate my plans are 6 month intervals and around 6800 miles. I will just take wear numbers after the summer run and double them as a worse case senario if I had left the oil in for a year and 13,600 because if I were to leave it in a year,I would change the filter at 6 months and top off. Now miles may or may not change if taken on vacations but we have other cars to use for that as well.
offtopic.gif

Man am I dedicated
tongue.gif
. We are going to San Antonio for Thankgiving and taking the old Cavalier instead of one of four far better hiway cars here in a effort to rack up miles for a extended interval of a 5/30 OTC dino oil and a groovy additive to post an analysis of. I am trying for 7500 miles but the Daughter who owns the car may kill the oil by stop n go driving this winter ?
wink.gif
Id BMW takes into account a cold start is 25 miles off the interval,,this oil thats been in a month already has 3k mile on it!

San Antonio is the next place I want to visit in Texas. My wife is from the Houston Area. I've been to Austin. Very nice! Just had to add that.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back