M1 15W50, 875 miles, Kawasaki ZZR250, Coolant from service

First oil analysis done on the ZZR. Situation: Picked up the bike from the dealership after a valve clearance service, and noticed that the oil level glass was milky-cloudy. I looked inside the engine by removing the oil fill cap and saw quite a bit of "goop". I decided to ride the bike home and show my Dad. He tasted the "goop" and said "coolant" so I changed the oil immediately. This analysis is of the fresh oil that I put in, as I did not have any oil analysis kits at the time to test out the contaminated oil. The analysis shows positive for Glycol.
code:
KM		13402
KM on OIL	1407
KM on Filter	1407

Contamination
-------------

Silicon		5.3
Potassium	0.0
Sodium		19.0
Fuel %		<2.0
Glycol		POS
Water %		<0.1
Soot %		---
Sulfation	61
Nitration	34

Oil Condition
-------------
Boron		211
Barium		1.3
Calcium		3166
Magnesium	20
Molybdenum	83
Sodium		19
Phosphorous	1190
Sulfur		2405
Zinc		1334
[email protected]ºC	14.6
Oxidation	71
TAN		3.55

Wear
----
Iron	 7.7	
Nickel	 0.0	
Chromium 0.5	
Titanium 0.1	
Copper	 4.7	
Aluminum 6.0
Tin	 0.6
Lead	 0.0
Silver	 0.0

craigq

After finding out that it was coolant mixed with the oil I felt no urge to return to the dealership again to get the bike serviced. If the service department messed up on the valve clearance service I do not want them attempting to perform an oil change. As for demanding a reason, I'm pretty sure about how the coolant got into the engine; through carelessness during the service. I'll do the next valve clearance service myself.

craigq

Mackelroy, yes. According to the FSM one has to drain the coolant and remove the thermostat and associated hoses that run over top of the valve cover, and a metal coolant tube that is inserted into the engine directly behind the valve cover [there's a tab on the valve cover that actually holds the tube in place]. If one is careless in doing so, [loosening or partially removing the valve cover as a first step etc.] it would be the likely entry point for coolant into the engine.

craigq

Norm, It's the Canadian/International version [EX250H] of the American Ninja 250 [EX250 F]. There are some cosmetic and functional updates: the fairings look like the older ZZR600, it has 17" wheels in place of 16" wheels, an aluminum perimeter frame vs steel, floating front rotor etc. AFAIK The engine, carbs and transmission are the same; basically the same performance figures [acceleration, fuel consumption etc].