M1 104-A oil filter cut open

Ill start off by saying not my best work. Had to use a sawsall lol but I wanted to open it up and 1) see if there is any metal or anything, and 2) to see the construction of the filter. It does not appear to be a bad filter, BUT for the Hyundai Kia 2.4l's I have noticed these filters cause something like a valve tick, or what sounds the valve are out of adjustment. This oil filter has 200 miles on it, I picked it up at store to use on a OCI. but because of the valve sound, I changed it out with a OEM filter. For the OEM Hyundai and Kia filter pictures I posted this thread: Hyundai / Kia OEM Oil filter pictures (26300-35505)

Valve sounds went completely away, and the engine is back to me having to look at rpms to see if its running with windows down. I know to only use OEM filters on Hyundais and Kias, but availability of OEM filter was an issue. Now I ordered 6 OEM filters off line to have on hand. OEM from here on out (Again) only because of the valve sound, not because its a bad filter.

IMG_1768.jpeg
IMG_1766.jpeg
IMG_1769.jpeg
IMG_1770.jpeg
IMG_1765.jpeg
IMG_1771.jpeg

Ill start off by saying not my best work. Had to use a sawsall lol but I wanted to open it up and 1) see if there is any metal or anything, and 2) to see the construction of the filter. It does not appear to be a bad filter, BUT for the Hyundai Kia 2.4l's I have noticed these filters cause something like a valve tick, or what sounds the valve are out of adjustment. This oil filter has 200 miles on it, I picked it up at store to use on a OCI. but because of the valve sound, I changed it out with a OEM filter. For the OEM Hyundai and Kia filter pictures I posted this thread: Hyundai / Kia OEM Oil filter pictures (26300-35505)

Valve sounds went completely away, and the engine is back to me having to look at rpms to see if its running with windows down. I know to only use OEM filters on Hyundais and Kias, but availability of OEM filter was an issue. Now I ordered 6 OEM filters off line to have on hand. OEM from here on out (Again) only because of the valve sound, not because its a bad filter.

View attachment 112880View attachment 112879View attachment 112881View attachment 112882View attachment 112878View attachment 112883
Hopefully nobody got hurt 😳

Back