M1 0W40 In 5W30 Rated Applications ?

I got like 20 gallons of that Delo sitting around that I bought at clearance, I guess I got enough oil for my TrailBlazer until it goes kaput.

1) Mobil1 FS 0W40 (favorite)
2) Castrol Edge 0W40 (when #1 isn't available)

Thanks for your reply, any reason why M1 is superior to Castrol 0w40? I read European standards related to synthetics are more strict and likely it has more PAO into it!

Thanks for your reply, any reason why M1 is superior to Castrol 0w40? I read European standards related to synthetics are more strict and likely it has more PAO into it!
More of a financial reason for me - I usually find M1 on more rollbacks than Castrol. Plus in most of the engines I've tried it in the M1 seems to be slightly lower viscosity as compared to Castrol Edge, aiding in less startup clatter in 200k+ mile engines. At least that has been my experience, not claiming this to be a rule for all high mile engines.

M1 0W40 meets 2 different MB, Audi & 2 VW specs. Didn't see FS anywhere on the jug. Just European and was only $22.xx for 5 qt. What is the diff between FS and European ?

FYI:
Castrol 5W40 in same store met the same specs and was $2 more per 5qt jug.

M1 0W40 meets 2 different MB, Audi & 2 VW specs. Didn't see FS anywhere on the jug. Just European and was only $22.xx for 5 qt. What is the diff between FS and European ?
There should be a little FS on the brushed metal looking area of the label above the grey section where it says European Car Formula by the handle.

Back