M1 0w40 at Wal-mart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: buster
Might throw this in the Accord next. Curious if it will curb consumption a bit.

Obviously, I can't tell how it will do in your application but I'm trying it in the SRT-4 right now and my consumption is up.

Normally I don't have any noticable consumption during a 5k mile oci and I only have to dump the catch can at the end of the interval.
I am currently just short of 4k miles into my first use of M1 0w-40. I have filled the catch can 3 times, I added a quart to top off, and it's still a bit below full.

21.gif
I have no explanation other than that everyone on here seems to comment about this oil starting thin (for a 40 weight) and shearing badly. Even if this is the case, I still never have any consumption with the 30 weights I usually use.

Hmmm, I would give it some time to settle in. It can take up to 5,000 miles for that to occur though. If it doesn't slow down by then, use another oil.

walmart in my area stopped selling m1 40w a long time ago and I have never seen it in jugs.

When I asked an employee if they would ever sell 40w again he said he didnt know but that i could use 10w40 because its the same.

Originally Posted By: Firehawk409
walmart in my area stopped selling m1 40w a long time ago and I have never seen it in jugs.

When I asked an employee if they would ever sell 40w again he said he didnt know but that i could use 10w40 because its the same.

ahhhh good ol Wal-Mart

Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: ryansmith219
Wal-Mart in my area carried 5 qt. jugs of 0w-40 until about 2 months ago. Very frustrating!

Really? how much was it? never ever seen it at wal-mart let alone in a 5qt jug!!!

Priced the same as all the other jugs of M1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back