M1 0w30 AFE in Volvo 2.4t?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How well would this oil hold up in a low performance turbo application? I bought some on clearance at AZ and was curious how well it'd hold up in the GFs short tripped Volvo. If not, I'm sure my moms Elantra will love it. Either way, $10 per jug is an exceptional deal!
laugh.gif

Argggg. $10 Seriously?

And I considered myself lucky at $20 per jug. I even went by Autozone last night to see if they had any good specials but beyond $3 Mobil 5K, that was about it.

It will be fine.

It will do just fine. Great choice for your Volvo.

What year is the Volvo? How many miles? Ever do the flame trap (PCV)?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FutureDoc
Argggg. $10 Seriously?

And I considered myself lucky at $20 per jug. I even went by Autozone last night to see if they had any good specials but beyond $3 Mobil 5K, that was about it.

Funny you mention that. I did the same thing yesterday and saw the $3 Mobil 5000 too.

Mine was only $8 with my employee discount:)

My store also has M1 0W20 EP for $3/quart.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14

2002 S60. No PCV replacement yet. We tried the glove over the oil fill hole trick. Thankfully it didn't inflate it. Lol.

She is slightly sludged though. Nothing too severe.. Just a few pleats around the end caps on the filter. Hopefully the PP and future M1 will clear it up.

Originally Posted By: maximus
Mine was only $8 with my employee discount:)

My store also has M1 0W20 EP for $3/quart.

None of that on clearance sadly. I would have taken all the jugs they had though! They also had Kendall titanium for $4 per quart, but meh.. I have to follow factory service intervals on the other cars I service so it wasn't worth the additional price compared to my go to oils.

Originally Posted By: Astro14

The flame trap of my 2006 V70 was replaced 3-4 months ago and the excessive oil consumption at about 1 quart per 1k mile is still happen today. I'm using Pennzoil HM now but it seems didn't reduce the oil consumption much.

I may try some additives to see if it an be reduced.

Why Volvo makes the PCV system so complicated ? Parts and labor at an independent garage is more than $300, probably more than $500-600 at dealer.

PCV of my LS400 is only $6-7 and took me less than 5-6 minutes to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back