M1 0w20 HM spotted

Status
Not open for further replies.

53' Stude

Originally Posted By: salcuta88
Spotted? They've been selling this for a while. Am I missing something?
Well, only one Autozone carries it near me and only 1 Wal Mart near me started carrying it yesterday automotive gentleman tells me smile So yeah, it's new to some stores wink

Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
Am i the only one who finds a 0W-20 HM oil pointless.
Most people don't realize they could use 5w20 or 5w30. They're not car people and will only put what's on the oil cap. I think this product is for these types of people. It's kinda like people who think Apple is the only company that makes a smartphone.

A lot of 0W-20 motors getting up in miles so naturally a HM oil makes sense if you stick with that oil.

SR5

Originally Posted By: maximus
Most people don't realize they could use 5w20 or 5w30. They're not car people and will only put what's on the oil cap. I think this product is for these types of people. It's kinda like people who think Apple is the only company that makes a smartphone.
Yes what you are saying makes sense. I know of only two HM oils in Australia. Valvoline MaxLife 20W50 (no other MaxLife here) Shell Helix HX7 15W50 High Mileage. I don't think they are big sellers, most people just step it up a grade as the engine ages. GTX 15W40 (SN & A3/B3) is pretty popular with the older cars. The two HM oils above are for complete beaters.

Not me, my mother's Mercury is getting up in miles and I plan on using this in it...

Originally Posted By: maximus
I find synthetic 5W-20 pointless...

CF most likely for diesels............ I spotted this for the first time in Wally's over the weekend---thought I was just behind, so I didn't mention it Must be on the high side HTHS-wise if it not resource conserving

I find HM oils pointless if they meet SN, like this does. Same with Maxlife. If it meets SN, it has nothing "extra" to help that GF-5/SN doesn't already allow. I truly think the oil manufacturers shot themsleves in the foot by conditioning people to move to HM oils at 75,000 miles and now they're having to create virtually undistinguished products to fill that false narrative, all driven by the marketing teams.

Its not like they are charging a premium for it, so who cares? Maybe a little more seal conditioner or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.