M1 0W20 AFE - Great Oil !

Status
Not open for further replies.
So true.

Originally Posted By: jrustles
try not to sound so 'kool aid-y' with your posts and testimonials. Try to come across more like genuine people with casual, OBJECTIVE and unbiased personal experiences. No one should be able to tell it's trolling right off the bat due to "laying it on too thick", you know?

Originally Posted By: jrustles

Protip: to the shills (both primary and voluntary), try not to sound so 'kool aid-y' with your posts and testimonials. Try to come across more like genuine people with casual, OBJECTIVE and unbiased personal experiences. No one should be able to tell it's trolling right off the bat due to "laying it on too thick", you know? It's a huge turn off.
thumbsup2.gif

The premise is real simple. Provide evidence to the contrary and support your cause. Once again you do not have merit to support your point thus you resort to mud slinging and name calling. Deflection and name calling is the last resort once you have exhausted all other means and in this case you have no means to support your stance.

The OP opened a thread on how he prefers the product he purchased.

Let me be clear to the : "Get Off My Lawn - While I Change My Oil" types out there ... I was a long time user of Brand A oil who happened to try Brand B oil and found it quite good at a roll back price at WM of $22.00 something . I suggested (short of a UOA) why I thought it was a good oil - enough has been written about the base oil & add pack to believe M1 AFE to be a good oil ...Merely a bit of levity to suggest the jug color scheme would make it a worthy addition to add a picture to a digital picture frame . Perhaps BITOG should be condensed down to just the UOA section ? That way , we get rid of opinions , perceptions , etc. about oils and stick to just facts .

Or possibly just separate the forums in two categories:

1. Fact based

2. Opinion/fan based

It did sound laid down a little thick, including some of the responses
grin.gif

That being said, I'm a fan of AFE in the 0w30 flavor, which is going in the soob for 1 year OCI's starting next month. No more wasting good oil when I only do approximately 10k miles per year on the old boy now.

This is a good thread. Do not worry about others and their extreme displeasure. I personally will not purchase M-1 but it is a good product, I am pleased that you tried a different product.

Originally Posted By: robertcope
AFE is not a long drain oil, per se. Change it at your normal OCI.

It will offer no benefit to me over a conventional 5W-20. I change the oil in our Acura at 3,000 mile intervals (short-tripping to school and back) and I change the oil in our Honda at 5,000 mile intervals (because I get antsy to change the oil every 5-6 months). Even though I'm generally an advocate for 0W- oils, I cannot justify the increased cost for synthetic for such short intervals.

If I could find the MaxLife 0W-20 locally in 5-quart jugs, and if it were within spitting distance of other MaxLife in terms of price, I'd use it.

I have been using M1 0w20 AFE for 3 years now. It reliably bumped my highway gas mileage in my 05 odyssey from 23.5 to 24.5. Was using Valvoline 0w20 prior. Now I've switched to M1 0w20 EP. I have had several highway tanks get ~26.5mpg. For my car, I swear by the stuff. Also had a friend of mine switch to the 0w20 AFE unbeknownst to me. He mentioned that he had switched and noticed he got about 1mpg better in his 02 Accord. He also switched his diesel Chevy pickup to 0w40 and got the same 1mpg bump. He puts a lot of miles on his vehicle so it adds up a bit for him, plus we both live in a rather long cold winter area so the low MRV values are nice.

Originally Posted By: robertcope
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
M1 AFE would be the only oil I use, except that I personally can't stand to wait that long to change the oil

AFE is not a long drain oil, per se. Change it at your normal OCI.

robert

though its not advertised as a long drain oil AFE is very capable of 10k OCI, I have done it on multiple occasions under severe service and normal.

Will continue to monitor the M1 0W20 AFE through 6,500 ~ 7,500 miles and see how things go ... Meanwhile since the engine will probably outlive the body on either M1 (or PP , QSUD , etc.) - I'm going to stock up on clay bars & wax !

I just replaced the factory fill in my daughter's 2014 Accord with M1 AFE 0W20. Walmart offers the 5qt jug for a good price. The car took almost all of it (4.4 qt); quite a bit for a 4 cylinder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back