M1 0w20, 2005 Sebring 2.7L, 5000km

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
This is my first UOA. I've read these engines are pretty rough on oil, so I decided to get a UOA done before I start extending my OCI. Oil was in for 4 months. I short trip a lot with the odd highway drives. The previous fill was M1 5w20 (the first synthetic its seen). The current fill is AMSOil 0w20.

I was running a K&N air filter, but after reading about them on here, I put a NAPA Gold in (about 1000km before I changed the oil). The oil filter on this run was a NAPA Gold as well.

Si seems quite high, but they don't seem to think it's a problem.
Input?

j5iip0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would redo this without your name and address

I don't get how they "don't understand hard on oil" but yet the universal average is 6800 and you put 5000 on?

Striker:

As for the elevated silicon, check to ensure there are no air leaks around the air filter and that the filter's edges are not pinched (breaking a tight seal).

The sodium is likely from the headgasket starting to go (coolant leakage into oil / cylinders) at 177,100.

Coolant is critical in the 2.7, many have gone to an early grave over it. With a relatively low flash point and unexplained sodium I'd be concerned you've already got some seepage. Get it looked into/fixed now and then drive it another 100k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back