M1 0W-40 versus Havoline 5W-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching for 5W-40 oil, I've come repeatedly across Havoline 5W-40. Oddly enough, I've found it to have different specs almost each time. Somewhere I read that there are actually 3 versions of Havoline 5W-40. One is made by Shell for Chevron/Texaco, the other two by Chevron. And I believe all of them are group III oils?

I've used both. The Havoline is awesome. I had great results and was using it until I can no longer find it on the shelves in Walmart (or any other 40 weight synthetic for that matter).

As usual, I had:

1. Much less noise than with M-1.
2. Much less consumption than with M-1.
3. More power, response and better fuel economy than with M-1 (that I can only guess as being due to a lower coefficient of friction.)

Dr. T, they'll have to pry the xW-40 and xW-50 oil containers from our cold dead fingers.
cheers.gif

I've never seen the Havoline, and come to think of it, there isn't even a Wal-mart in town.
tongue.gif

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
I've never seen the Havoline, and come to think of it, there isn't even a Wal-mart in town.
tongue.gif

No WalMart needed, the AutoZones around here have a large stock of Havoline products, including the full breadth of synthetic oils. It's quite a relief as finding a full-range of Chevron products has always been like finding a needle in the proverbial haystack.

I remember looking up that Havoline a while ago. It was group III. Didn't see a reason to bother with it.

[ January 20, 2004, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: MikeW ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back