M1 0W-40 or Red Line 5W-30 in a Porsche Cayenne Turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by G-Man II:

Hold up a minute. In what way was I disrespectful?

And the ascii text that produces what you are calling "the finger giving smile" is lol, which means "laughing out loud." I thought that's what this emoticon was supposed to indicate. I've never thought of it as giving someone "the finger," and that's certainly not the way I use it.

After careful study of the anatomy of smileys,the total number of digits on a hand is unclear if it's three, four or five fingered. I'm unable to ascertain if that is an index finger or a middle finger being upheld.

[ December 29, 2003, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: Lubricious ]

quote:

After careful study of the anatomy of smileys,the total number of digits on a hand is unclear if it's three, four or five fingered. I'm unable to ascertain if that is an index finger or a middle finger being upheld.

In dubio pro reo.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by dagmando:
..snip.. You are the exact kind of person that needs to disconnect your internet and read a book instead because you really have no common sense.

He has no common sense? First off, I know him pretty well; he's my father. His father was working on diesel engines and WWII planes before you were even born. There's a combined knowledge in this family of well over 100 years of working on vehicles, much of it for a living.

YOU shouldn't be insulting people on this message board.

WE people WITH common sense understand that gasoline engines aren't magic. That break-in procedure is dead-on, and isn't going to magically destroy the engine or any part of it.

And if you think that automakers really have YOUR best, and especially long-term interest at heart, then I have a bridge to sell you and if you'd like, an extended warranty for a few extra dollars. Just like Ford telling me to run 5w-20 in my 4.6 liter Mustang, when Phoenix gets over 130 degrees 3 feet off of the tarmac on a city street. I can only imagine what that oil's viscosity would be at 260 or more degrees sump. THAT recommendation is NOT in my best interest, it's in theirs so that they can help their CAFE standars.

Back on topic. Did you have anything to contribute to his questions, or did you post that just to insult him?

Ok, time to let this cool off. No need for any personal attacks. Opinions are fine, personal attacks are not.

quote:

Originally posted by quadrun1:
I especially like BMW's speed advisory during break-in, it's something like, "do not exceed 110 mph"
tongue.gif

Actually it is 100MPH
wink.gif

Eh, shouldn't the recommendation say one should not execeed x-RPM? I mean, you can go 100 mph in third...
tongue.gif

Actually, I was told to break in the engine by running it with constantly varying RPM throughout its whole range, but not to run it at the highest RPM for a long time. I was also told lugging the engine would be especially bad for a new engine.

Yep, Moribundman, that's what most people recommend (along with going easy on the brakes), and BMW has that additional speed restriction thing...

Whoops, F1Crazy, "I missed it by THAT much"
grin.gif

Keep it under 100 mph... I think most people in the States can handle that.. heheh...

You are driving an $90K vehicle and you put dino 5w-30 in to break it in because some web page, not Porsche, said this is better!!!!! YOU ARE NUTS!!! Can I give a bit of advise, follow Porsches recommendation, I think they know a little bit about there own vehicles and have a pretty serious reputation when it come to performance. You are the exact kind of person that needs to disconnect your internet and read a book instead because you really have no common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back