M1 0W-40, 3.4kkms (2.1kmiles), Mitsubishi 4G69S4N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
this is the first UOA from my Mitsubishi Sirius 4G69S4N 4 cyl MPI engine for which the following "life to date" operating data is relevant

Life to date Distance - 4500 kms (2800 miles)
Fuel used - 11 litres per 100km
Use - Approx 70% Hiway/30% Urban

DATA FOR THIS UOA

Lubricant - M1 0W-40 (SM/CF)
Filter - OEM
Oil use distance - 3400 kms (2111 miles)
Oil use time - 1 month
Oil topup - Zero

OIL ANALYSIS

Viscosity @ 100C - 12.2 cSt
Oxidation Abs/cm - 3
Coolant indicator - 0
Soot (Wt%) - 0.11
TBN mgKOH/g - 8.9
Water %v - 0

ELEMENTAL ANALYSIS (in ppm)

Wear elements:
Aluminium - 11
Chromium - 0
Copper - 1
Iron - 5
Molybdenum - 57
Lead - 1

Contaminant elements:
Boron - 170
Potasium - 0
Sodium - 7
Silicon - 21

The lubricant was judged as being suitable for continued use and I'll sample again at around its programmed OCI @ 10000 kms or 12 months. The next OCI will take place as per UOA report limits

This first OC occurred at 1100 kms (683 miles) as per the Manufacturer's Warranty requirement and the oil used then was the recommended M1 0W-40 and OEM filter

NOTE
This Oil Analysis was be done via ExxonMobil's Signum Lab in the US - a first for me. This follows ExxonMobil's stategy of becoming a Wholesaler in Australia and closing their Labs here

Originally Posted By: Steve S
The first oil change is at 683 miles? MFG required?
Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
Hi,
Steve S - Yes, "mandatory" at 1000kms (621 miles) actually

Doug, anyway you can post a picture of that particular part, from the owners manual?

This would prove my point that auto manufacturers do want you to dump the FF early but the US gov over here doesn't feel is "necessary" to be wasting all the supposedly good oil by dumping it early in favor of extra engine life, later down the road so they force US auto makers to state that NO early change is needed and run the oil as per the OLM.
33.gif

Hi,
Artem - I see no need to deviate from what any Manufacturer suggests reagrding the initial OCI. In fact in some cases it is very wise to go by the letter of the request when special lubricants to aid "bedding in" of specific components are used as the FF

I would caution any purchaser of engines from Asia - China for instance - to follow the Manufacturer's request. China currently has an imbalance of Grp 1 and Grp 2 lubricants in general use. This is a worry where more sophisticated lubricants are called for

In my case the minimum lubricant specification required is SAE SM> (Euro IV emissions) with viscosities ranging from "0W to 25W for use in winter" and, "So 10W-40 is used in summer generally!"

Doug, I just want confirmation that Mitsubishi of Australia suggest an early change of the factory fill, not just your own words (which I'll believe regardless anyway since I have no reason not too.)

Hi,
Artem - PM me your email address and I'll send you the relevant page

Otherwise you should perhaps accept that as a long time BITOG contributor I'm not known to deal in less than facts!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Wall_Haval_H3

Quote:
The Great Wall Haval H3 (Chinese: 长城哈弗; pinyin: Chángchéng Hāfú), also known as the Great Wall Hover, is a Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) sold by the Great Wall Motor Company in several countries. It was the first Chinese car to be exported in large quantities to Western Europe in 2006, with 30,000 units shipped to Italy. Its main advantage over established European, North American and Asian rivals is its low comparative cost. A six-speed automatic concept version called the Great Wall Hover H7 was made and can reach speeds of up to 225 km/h or 140 mph.[1]
In Australia, the Haval H3 was badged as the Great Wall X240[2] until 2011, when the X240 nameplate was used on the Haval H5.

And

Quote:
The gasoline-fuelled Great Wall Haval H3 uses the Mitsubishi 4G69[4] Sirius series straight-4 automobile engine. The 4G64 engine was introduced in 1988 in the Mitsubishi Galant and has been used by several other car manufacturers. The 4G64 engine produces 128 hp. The diesel version uses a motor built by Great Wall themselves, the GW2.8TC. Both versions have a 5-gear manual transmission. Those models had the name Hover H3 and H5. For the Chinese market Great Wall Motors also offer 2.5 and 2.8 TCI diesel engines with 107 and 114 hp. These engines both use a modern common rail system from Bosch.

Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
Hi,
OVERK1LL - A hack (horse refernce) is a utility or a work horse in OZ and Kiwi speak!!

I preferred the extra HTHS viscosity of Delvac 1 5W-40 in the M96 engine

So basically what we would call a "beater" over here?

So, is this a vehicle you own? It doesn't sound like the usual quality vehicle you would buy - in fact, it sounds like a piece of junk, thrown together with parts from 3 other manufacturers!

For somebody who deals with 'facts' why on earth would you support the 'fact' that this is cheap, Chinese copy-catting at it's worst?

Sorry, this just does NOT sound like something DH would do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back