M1 0w-20 now avail in Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, for those of you whom are waiting on M1 0w-20 to arrive here in Atlanta, its here. I found it at the Advance Auto Parts store on the corner of Buford Hwy and Pleasant Hill Rd. It seems that they also have added M1 0w-40 to their shelves as well as they had it too. This store only had prolly 4-5 qts max on their shelves of the 0w-20. Oh, and its got a grey cap instead of a black one like the promo pic i saw of it had.

Just an FYI guys.

Thanks for the tip. I had noticed my local Advance has had the 0W-20 on their shelves for several weeks. They also are carrying the 0W-40 M-1 also. For what it's worth, the oils have been on sale for $4.29 per quart which makes it a decent price. I noticed that AutoZone has lowered the price of their Castrol 0W-30 Syntec by $.20 per quart also.

It's a shame that I'm not in need of either oil
grin.gif
My wife has threatened to divorce me if I keep wasting money on oil. I'd better not tell her about my Amsoil Series 3000 purchase
frown.gif

You guys are scarying me!!! Why would someone in Atlanta need OW20? I am guessing that it would make a nice sewing machine oil at those ambient temps!!

quote:

Originally posted by JohnBrowning:
You guys are scarying me!!! Why would someone in Atlanta need OW20? I am guessing that it would make a nice sewing machine oil at those ambient temps!!

JB,

If I have to get a Honda Odyssey (wife is bucking for it), I will use the Pennzoil PureBase 5w-20 (Wally World) for 10,000 miles (get a good break in, 3 months/3,000 mile changes) and then switch to the Mobil 1 5w-30 or Amsoil ASL 5w-30 for 6 month drain intervals.

I agree with your thesis. Mobil 1 5w-30 runs on the thin side anyway. The UOAs on Mobil 1 0w-20 will be interesting.

quote:

Originally posted by FowVay:
It's a shame that I'm not in need of either oil
grin.gif
My wife has threatened to divorce me if I keep wasting money on oil. I'd better not tell her about my Amsoil Series 3000 purchase
frown.gif

offtopic.gif

To protect ourselves we need to develop a list of reasons we can provide our spouses that will explain why we MUST keep an active oil cellar. You know like:

(1) Honey, their could be another flare up in the Middle East and you know what happens to crude oil supply...
(2) Related to (1), honey if oil prices go up significantly, it will be months (years) until we are impacted
(3) My oil cellar adds a nice touch to the decor of the house don't you think?
(4) The neighbors count on me always having a little extra on hand in case....
(5) If you run out of skin lotion...
(6) If we run out of gummibears...

etcetera etcetera

Patman,

We will all vouch for you at the sanity hearing! (Of course, there's always that admonition during a legal proceeding to apply one's "knowledge of the ways of the world" in assessing the credibility of witnesses!
grin.gif
)

GROUCHO MARX,

Your idea, if we handled it correctly, could probably allow us to double on-hand inventory, right?

GROUCHO MARX,

Your idea, if we handled it correctly, could probably allow us to double on-hand inventory, right?
----------------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely, if it floats your boat!

wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
GROUCHO MARX,

Absolutely, if it floats your boat!
wink.gif

A boat afloat in a sea of motor oil...what a wonderful picture...however, there are drawbacks, "Waiter, this fish tastes really oily!"
grin.gif

quote:

Actually we've had a real mild summer this year. From what I remember it's only broken 90 once. It's my family back in Texas that are broiling.

Hey, guess what we have the 0-20 here in the DFW, Texas area too and yes we have consistently been about 103F-109F for the last 2 or 3 weeks. But we can always use the stuff in the winter, after all it did get below +20F once last year
grin.gif

quote:

Why would someone in Atlanta need OW20? I am guessing that it would make a nice sewing machine oil at those ambient temps!!

Actually we've had a real mild summer this year. From what I remember it's only broken 90 once. It's my family back in Texas that are broiling.

quote:

Originally posted by JohnBrowning:

I agree John-Good UOA's or not for the 20 wts. In Atlanta I'm going with at least a 10W-30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back