M1 0w-20 - GC 0w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, I look forward to your UOA! Should be good. I"m impressed with Mobil's 0w-20 as it's has not shown a bad report yet!
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by crashz:

quote:

Originally posted by Meat:
Woo Hoo ! Found a case of GC at my local Autozone, $49.90 I'll run the M1 for 5,000 then make the switch.

Where did you find it? I looked for it at 3 different Autozones on Sunday, only to find the American 0w-30.

THIS AZ IS ALL MINE ! ALL MINE! YOU HEAR ME !

grin.gif

Sorry but I took the last qt...manager seems to think they only get two cases at a time and wasn't sure when the next shipment was coming. Rt 10...**** , ran out of computer ink.

You guys should put in WD-40 and say it revs easier....
grin.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist...LOL...
crushedcar.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
If you drive your car hard you definitely don't want the 0w20 in there. This oil will work well for normal driving, but spirited driving and you'll need something a little thicker like Amsoil 5w30, Redline 5w30, Schaeffer 5w30 or GC 0w30. Any of those four oils would show you better results than the 0w20 under hard driving. Be sure to get a higher flowing oil filter too (in other words don't use a Mobil 1 or PureONE filter)

I agree with Patman. However, last thread I stated this on, you'd a thunk I said something distasteful about someone's wife/mother.
grin.gif
And I'll soon have some data to hopefully lend credence to this theory.

[ May 06, 2004, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: 427Z06 ]

In MA, you can find GC at the Autozone in Woburn & Danvers. The one in Woburn has a TON of it. Saw it today when I got some fuel system treatment.

Oh oh...Somebodies been using the search function again! Thread back from the dead! Woo Woo!

Anyway...I've been searching for day's for 0w-30 GC in Maryland. I've checked about four advanced auto's, and a few pep boys.

I'm going to try the 0w-30 GC during the summer as I'll be running some track events, and an insane amount of autocrossing. The 0w-20 mobil1 proved it did a fine job during last years summer autoX extravaganza, and I'm only switching to try GC for awhile and compare UOA's (on my own car and own driving style).

(For anyone wondering about mazda6 UOA's...)
http://www.mazda6tech.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=26

Top URL = Actual URL
Bottom URL = links to bob site analysis's.

Anyone in Maryland have ANY clue where one could find some 0w-30 German Castrol? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm even willing to treck into VA if necessary...
smile.gif

-Greg

I'm running M1 0W-20 im my 2000 626 V6. prior to that I had GC in it and I can say that past 4000RPM engine revs more freely...next weekend the M1 will come out after about 6K and we will see how it stacks up to GC that was in the same engine this winter for 8.8K..not sure yet what I want to run for summer..I will auto-rx the engine and then decide what summer oil will be.

Here is the GC UOA as well as other M1 UOA's I have done on this car...

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001291

[ May 06, 2004, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: zoomzoom ]

quote:

Originally posted by 2x:
In MA, you can find GC at the Autozone in Woburn & Danvers. The one in Woburn has a TON of it. Saw it today when I got some fuel system treatment.

Thats wonderful and all....but I'm looking for it in....

Maryland
Virginia
Washington, DC

I'll also settle for any local Amsoil dealers with some 0w-30 series 2000
smile.gif

About 6 months ago I was in an Autozone near where I live and I spotted a bunch of GC and I guess I giggled with glee or something as the manager walked up to me and introduced himself. I mentioned that there are people scouring the earth for this stuff, and I was elated that my local Autozone carried the stuff. He said it was no big deal and that if I ever wanted it and they were out he could easily order a case for me.

So...I guess my question would be, has anyone tried to get their local Autozone just to order the stuff for them?

I just bought up what they had on hand and haven't had a chance to even try it yet, so I don't know if it is as easy as he bloviated.

I keep seeing references to "GC"; it seems tobe highly recommended. Sorry for such a dumb question, but what is it?
dunno.gif

GC = German Castrol.

Its a synthetic green fluid of godliness according to many members.

Its marked by a black bottle with a "made in germany" statement on the back. (Instead of USA). Some pretty good UOA's have been gotten from it.

crossbow I got mine from autozone store in alexandria off south glebe rd.(rt 120 south) go to their web page and there you can get exact location.

Thanks a ton guys. I finally found some at the AutoZone in Laurel, MD.

They had 7 qts of German Castrol 0w-30 left. The remaining quarts (about another 5-10 more) were the 0w-30 Castrol USA variant. (Different packaging, no germany mentioning on the back).

I needed 6 quarts, so there is a single lonely quart of 0w-30GC left at that autozone.

Btw that stuff is REALLY green!

UOA in 5k miles!

Crossbow,

I live in Gaithersburg and last October got some GC at "Chesapeake Petroleum" (warehouse)here in Gaithersburg..Coming down 270 take Shady Grove Road exit,then cross Rt 355 and make a left on Oakmont Ave.I think it's the first or second left.can't miss it..on the right..I talked to Justin Keesey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back