M1 0 30 SM Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t get the best UOA back on my 07 Ranger. Elevated iron numbers. I’m using the M1 0-30. I’ve read that it’s common to see higher iron numbers with this oil. It’s still got the SM rated oil in it will it make a difference when I go back with the SN.

Well only UOA's back to back Will tell for sure but i doubt there would be a significant difference.

Originally Posted By: miata10ae
Didn’t get the best UOA back on my 07 Ranger. Elevated iron numbers. I’m using the M1 0-30. I’ve read that it’s common to see higher iron numbers with this oil. It’s still got the SM rated oil in it will it make a difference when I go back with the SN.

Define the term "elevated"...how long was it run? How many miles on the Ranger? What were the numbers?

13 ppm iron is nothing to worry about. You could have two or three times that and still have no immediate cause for alarm.

Originally Posted By: miata10ae

Slightly higher than avg Fe was a M1 SM characteristic. What it meant I don't know. Some oils do some things better than others. It was never a problem. To your question, I'm hoping the SN oils are better. I think they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back