M0512 = GREEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, I just went to my local AZ (where I cleaned out their golden GC stash a week ago), and they had a case of M0512 stuff sitting there. I opened one up (just for the **** of it), took a whiff, and OMG... it had that old friendly smell to it! I couldn't believe it. I opened up every single one, and they all were the same... and yes, it was green in color as well.

I think the green is back in business my friends!

gr_eek2.gif
pat.gif
gr_eek2.gif
shocked.gif
confused.gif

Did you pour some out or just look into the bottle? I have some MO5122 and if look into the bottle the oil looks green....pour some out and its gold.

I find it hard to believe.
Do you have a bottle of the Green from any of the "verified" batches? Just for comparison.
Do you have a camera?
If not, can you borrow one and post a picture?
Please....
smile.gif

very very interesting.

really wish they would just separate the real green german stuff and sell it as "german castrol syntec" rather than group it together in the same inventory with all the other random 0W30 syntecs.

i have 11 qrts of M05122 and they are all gold.

also, i hit 4 AZs in San Jose and all of them had 12 or more qrts of the M05122 batch and I opened at least 3 bottles at each store and all of them were gold.

You opened oil and put it back on the shelf? They have a seal for a reason. I once bought synthetic oil that had been refilled with used oil. Luckily the exchanged it.

hate to hear that anyone is actually opening bottles of oil in the store and putting them back on the shelf. this isn't the first incident where I have heard of folks on bitog doing this. If I found a bottle that had the "seal" busted, i don't think I would buy it.

I wouldn't buy a broken-seal bottle, either. Who knows what sort of adulterant that someone could slip in there?! Carborundum? High-temp thermosetting compound? RDX? Scholastic acid?

quote:

Originally posted by ToyotaNSaturn:
Is batch M0512 labeled SM or still only SL?

The latest spec sheet from Castrol USA that includes the MB 229.5 spec still shows GC as SL.

API SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended. Exceeds European ACEA: A3, B3, B4; VW 502 00, 505 00, 503 01; MB 229.1, 229.3, 229.5; BMW LL-01; GM-LL-A-025, GM-LL-B-025 and the engine protection requirements of ILSAC GF-3 for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils.
Castrol USA grades

Castrol USA Syntec Product Data Sheet dated 8/15/2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back