M-Pro7 LPx

Does anyone know just what the "LPX" is in the M-Pro7 Gun Oil LPX? I happen to have two small bottles, one is older than the other, one is relatively (past couple of years) newer. Both products are somewhat milky-greenish (for lack of a better term), the newer one is a little less viscous. I did read somewhere that they changed the formulation several years ago. Nowhere on the website (or any of the old press releases from when they introduced the product), could I find any indication of what this LPX is supposed to be. Their SDS has no ingredient listing, however I did find an MSDS on Brownells.com website that lists three things: synthetic oil, tritoyl phosphate, distillates petroleum hydrotreated paraffinic. Their website has these two blurbs about the product: Combines high quality synthetic oils and LPX additives, Formulated from technology with the lowest known friction coefficient.

So my question is: What is the LPX? Is the LP liquid polymer? What has "lowest known friction coefficient?" Does that mean they use PTFE?

PTFE is close to or equal to water on ice which is about as low as it gets.

Hard to tell what they are using but I do know that DuPont has stated that Teflon has "no significant benefits as an engine additive."

Does anyone know just what the "LPX" is in the M-Pro7 Gun Oil LPX? I happen to have two small bottles, one is older than the other, one is relatively (past couple of years) newer. Both products are somewhat milky-greenish (for lack of a better term), the newer one is a little less viscous. I did read somewhere that they changed the formulation several years ago. Nowhere on the website (or any of the old press releases from when they introduced the product), could I find any indication of what this LPX is supposed to be. Their SDS has no ingredient listing, however I did find an MSDS on Brownells.com website that lists three things: synthetic oil, tritoyl phosphate, distillates petroleum hydrotreated paraffinic. Their website has these two blurbs about the product: Combines high quality synthetic oils and LPX additives, Formulated from technology with the lowest known friction coefficient.

So my question is: What is the LPX? Is the LP liquid polymer? What has "lowest known friction coefficient?" Does that mean they use PTFE?
*M-Pro7 LPX is a "Lube / Protect" versus a : "Clean / Lube / Protect" . It is a very fire arms gun oil ! The PTFE is most likely Teflon which while some may have an issue with for EPA reasons - I don't mind as you use and leave so little of it on firearms and it makes slide grooves very slick . Clean firearms first with a good cleaner or even a CLOP and then use the M-Pro7 LPX last in / on all the key lube areas .

I have a squeeze bottle of M-Pro 7 Gun Oil LPX. Have been using it off and on (more off than on) for about 5 years. When I was new I decanted an ounce into a small needle oilier bottle I got from Brownell. When I needed this oil I took from this needle oilier.
About a year an a half ago I noticed whenever I used this small bottle of oil I could tip the bottle on its side and the oil would not flow down the surface stayed vertical until the bottle was shaken vigorously.

Today I tried to use it and after shaking it up, the the oil oozed out needle like soft grease.
I’ve suspected ever since I bought and used it that this oil contained Teflon/PTFE the milky yellowish opacity. This oil has a viscosity that can keep fine Teflon dust in suspension mostly.
Another oil I have a special oil just for triggers called “Trigger” is so thin and watery it can not keep its chunkier Teflon dust in suspension the dust sinks quit quickly to the bottom of the small OEM bottle making the Teflon useless for its intended purpose to slick up trigger feel via the Teflon.

Back to M-Pro 7, I shook my OME bottle for a long time then squirted the oil into a clear glass bottle I’ve been saving. I got about a third squirted in when the nozzle clogged. Pried off the nozzle top an tried to pour the remainder through a small funnel. The funnel clogged by a wad of congealed Teflon dust. I cleared the clog poking it through the funnel with a handy nail.

Now that the LPX oil is in a clear glass bottle I can see that my vigorous shaking did not break up all the Teflon dust, tiny pinhead or smaller sized chunks cling to the glass after the liquid portion has flowed down. Continued shaking doesn’t seem to be able to break up the small clumped particles. Perhaps if I drop a couple of steel BB’s to help stir the stuff up.

When my bottle was new I found the LPX oil difficult to work with. It thickness was unpleasant on the outer surfaces of the revolver and need to be rubbed out to the point where you believe you’ve rubbed it all off, the metal does feel quite smooth and slick afterward.
My trouble was with the revolvers action excess oil doesn’t readily run out, it wants to stay thickly stuck to the trigger group parts.
The oil film or shear strength made rotating the cylinder very sluggish heavier feeling in double action mode.
On a positive note the outside surface was very easily wiped off fouling dust just didn’t stick. Cleaning inside the chamber and barrel was easier too but not enough to off set the sluggish trigger action.

Hosed the revolver off inside and out with non chlorinated brake cleaner to remove all traces of M-Pro LPX and re-oiled with my current favourite oil Lubegard Premium Universal oil.

M-Pro 7 LPX might be ok on a autoloader but it didn’t work for me in my DA revolver, it was ok on my SA revolver.

Back