M.I.L's new Subaru and flowers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was never crazy about the boxy Forrester body, but I like the flower.
smile.gif

After driving her 1980 or so wood-panelled Dodge Aries wagon to close 300k miles (it quit for good a week ago), my mom-in-law finally got this '06 Subaru Forrester:

-

I drove it, and it handles great, but I had the feeling the engine was a bit anaemic, and that the interior materials were not so good as the 2001 Forrester my Sis-in-law has...

and to test my camera again, a flower from MIL's garden :
smile.gif

-

I used to not like the look of the Forrester compared to the Outback, but the Forrester's shape has grown on me. It seems the driver sits higher in the Forrester, which is useful. How do their cockpits compare?

Very nice: both pics. I've wanted the turbo since the day they same out. The Forester always gets good reviews. In my book, here's the top, new sleeper mini-utes:

1. RAV4 V6: 0-60 in 6.3s
2. Forester XT (the hood scoop makes it less of a sleeper): 0-60 in 5.9s (manual)
3. Vue V6: 0-60 in 7.0s

i did like the higher seating position, but would've been even better if it had power seats, so you could adjust it a bit more. from the high seating position, it was a bit hard to see the tops of the gauges, which were not much angled upwards, and have a sort of a "hood" which comes pretty far outwards, thus hindering the vision further. my wife also commented on that. The design looked nice, but was not functional.

don't know how te Outback cockpit is...never sat in one.
does the forrester come with a 6-cyl. engine at all?

I'm now 100% satisfied with the camera, when I think i got it for $189 when the MSRP was $329 (it was an "older" KonicaMinolta Dimage Z10; 3.2 MP model with 8x opt. zoom when I got it at a clearence sail at Newegg; I opted for more optical zoom, and less MP's..3.2 is more than enough for my needs, as I can see now)
..all those pics are autofocus with the standard settings in all categories, i can only imagine how it looks with fine and vivid color settings and manual spot focus and sharpness adjustments etc...
perhaps I'll experiement more with those settings soon...

The Forester doesn't have an available V6. It has the turbo 2.5L flat four on the XT model -- makes 230 HP. It's basically a detuned version of the STI motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back